View Full Version : Avantgo Problems With Ipaq 2215?

mvbasilio
07-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Anybody having problems with viewing Avantgo on their Ipaq 2215? How do I get to it?

Thanks!

gtmtnbiker98
07-03-2003, 03:26 AM
Open IE and tap the favorites icon. There you will see Avantgo.

mvbasilio
07-03-2003, 04:09 AM
I did find that link but it keeps on displaying the default Avantgo page File://\windows\agdefault.htm, despite having synchronized succesfully (multiple times) with Avantgo. When you select the mobile favorite link for Avantgo, what file/page address does it show on the address bar?

Wiseblood
07-03-2003, 05:25 AM
I had the same problem. It seems (in my haste to get all of my channels put onto the device) that I entered my name and password into the properties box before my first sync.

It confused Avantgo.

Hard reset. Synced Avantgo with the teaser channels. Then . . . I entered my info and got myself synced properly.

Hope this helps.

mvbasilio
07-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Did that, even removed and reinstalled Activesync, still the same problem.

medic119
07-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Before you can use AvantGo you need an Avatgo User account. Turn on the AvantGo Sync in Activesynce and sync it. After that you can choose the AvantGo settings from Activesync ot AvantGo and put in you own Pass/Servers, etc.

It seems AvantGo is not completely installed to the device until after you sync it the first time with AvantGo sync turned on. Kinda odd!?

I always sync mine via the PPC, so It took me a minute to figue that out. I didn't even have the AvantGo Icon in the Connections tab until I did that.

mvbasilio
07-03-2003, 05:09 PM
I have always had an Avantgo account, since my Ipaq 3600 series days. I was able to transition through the Ipaq 3835 smoothly. This time around, I was hoping to at least open Avantgo using the Userid that Activesync defaults when you setup your Ipaq 2215. I am using Windows XP Pro at home and Windows 2000 at work, and have had no luck in both places.

arnage2
07-07-2003, 04:41 AM
install avantgo on your ipaq (like me) and disable sync via active sync. (set up avantgo username on the handheld) Enable avantgo wireless.
after that...
when wireless is enabled, connect your ppc to activesync, go to avantgo on your ipaq, then tap on tools, then modem sync.
It should sync if your pc is connected to the web, or if your ppc has a wireless connection.

Mine works fine, but i have to tap on fav., then avantgo to go to the avantgo homepage.

enjoy. :D

mvbasilio
07-08-2003, 02:29 AM
Thanks everybody! I finally got it working. All I did remove Avantgo from my desktop, downloaded the Avantgo Client from the wesbite, reinstalled on my Ipaq 2215 and there it was. One thing I noticed, during the installation, it asked if I wanted to replace the Avantgo default home page on my Ipaq, which I never got before.