View Full Version : Happy Fourth

ntractv
07-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Happy July 4th (http://www.maylin.net/Fireworks.html)

rhmorrison
07-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Happy July 4th (http://www.maylin.net/Fireworks.html)
Boy, aren't you the early worm!

GoldKey
07-02-2003, 05:39 PM
and Merry Christmas too as long as we are at it.

spg
07-02-2003, 06:59 PM
and Merry Christmas too as long as we are at it.
No, that is July 25th. Got a couple weeks to go unit then...

What, you don't always celebrate Christmas in July? :lol:

ntractv
07-02-2003, 07:18 PM
The early bird gets the worm. Anyway, posted early cuz I'm getting ready to leave for Philly to watch the Mets play this weekend and I probably wouldn't have access to my PC.

dh
07-03-2003, 02:46 PM
You certainly do like to be early. The Mets won't be in Philly until July 21. The Marlins are in town this weekend.

Nice to see that the Mets have got rid of that lazy git Alomar anyway. Hopefully one or two of these new guys will actually want to play.

Sunnyone
07-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Happy Halloween! :jester:

Fishie
07-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Im not up on US holidays and stuff but dont the French have something to do with July fourth?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

spg
07-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Im not up on US holidays and stuff but dont the French have something to do with July fourth?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well.... they did help the US win the revolutionary war, so yes I guess you could say they had a little something to do with it.

ntractv
07-03-2003, 05:42 PM
You certainly do like to be early. The Mets won't be in Philly until July 21. The Marlins are in town this weekend.

Geez, thanks for the info. A couple of friends of mine had a xtra tic and invited me up. (I'm yankee man myself). Geez, the Marlins, huh. Oh well, it's a free tic.

Anyway, I thought my original post link was kinda cool. Not earth shattering, but, cool.

peppzilla
07-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Anyway, I thought my original post link was kinda cool. Not earth shattering, but, cool.

That is cool. :D

dh
07-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Geez, the Marlins, huh.

I thought much the same, not the greatest team to travel to see. Our family is going on Saturday night because they have fireworks after the game.

Janak Parekh
07-04-2003, 12:17 AM
Geez, thanks for the info. A couple of friends of mine had a xtra tic and invited me up. (I'm yankee man myself). Geez, the Marlins, huh. Oh well, it's a free tic.
I'm a Yankees fan too, but re the Marlins: you might see one of the two teams destroy each other. I'm sure the Mets fans weren't too disappointed to see the Marlins destroy Atlanta the other day... besides, a couple of the new Mets, such as Jose Reyes and Jason Phillips, are actually quite fun to watch. They actually have some energy and seem to care, unlike Mo, who could barely field or hit.

--janak

dh
07-04-2003, 03:54 AM
Since our Phillies are trying to catch Atlanta, you can imagine we were all very pleased with the Marlins destroying those braves. They beat the Phillies when they were here as well.

On the Forth of July weekend it would be nice to have had a higher profile team here like the Braves, Dodgers or Giants. Than again we kinda like getting to play AL teams. :lol:

I agree with your Mets comment. The old guys were paid to do nothing (still are I assume) but the younger people have something to prove and are putting some effort into it. Mo was a disgrace, the only good thing was if he stood on the baseline, the runner had to run twice as far to get to first.

Steven Cedrone
07-04-2003, 05:14 AM
Well, now it's official...

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

Steve

Kati Compton
07-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Yay! Just saw some of the Chicago fireworks display...

Jason Dunn
07-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! :mrgreen:

Jacob
07-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Yay! Just saw some of the Chicago fireworks display...

I saw them too .. my sister's birthday is on the 4th so they always put on fireworks for it. It's so nice of them :D :lol:

It was a good show :D

GoldKey
07-04-2003, 06:59 PM
When do they do the fireworks? Usually they are on the night of the fourth here. Still 7 more hours on the east coast.

Jacob
07-04-2003, 07:08 PM
They have fireworks on the night of the 3rd on the lakeshore.

I think they have fireworks on the 4th too though.

dh
07-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Any of you Philly area folks going to the concert and fireworks at Cooper River Park ?

We live night by there so will be wondering over soon.

I bet I'm the only person there wearing an England football shirt and Phillies cap.

ntractv
07-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Geez, the Marlins, huh.

I thought much the same, not the greatest team to travel to see. Our family is going on Saturday night because they have fireworks after the game.

I was at the Saturday night game as well and I must admit the fireworks show was pretty awesome. The most spectacular show I have seen to date though has to be a few years back when I was in NYC and so the Macy's show over the Hudson. I tend to hold all firework shows to that one and the Philly show at the Vet came real close. Despite, what you may have heard, the ones here in DC aren't that good. To me at least.

dh
07-08-2003, 07:31 PM
I didn't get to see the fireworks. Just before the end of the game my wife got a phone call to say her mother had been taken to hospital in Vermont.

We made a quick getaway, grabbed some clothes from home and drove north for the next 51/2 hours.

Good job I didn't drink much at the game really.

Sunnyone
07-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Sure hope she's OK.

Janak Parekh
07-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Despite, what you may have heard, the ones here in DC aren't that good. To me at least.
I believe my sister went to the DC show two years ago and told me that it was pathetic compared to the East River fireworks. I was in Baltimore last year -- same thing. Everyone has to check out the Macy's fireworks once in their life. ;) Glad to hear the Vet had something left though...

--janak

dh
07-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Sure hope she's OK.

She is much better - thanks.

Kati Compton
07-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Sure hope she's OK.

She is much better - thanks.
Glad to hear it!