View Full Version : T3 was Great!!

g0097
07-02-2003, 04:39 AM
I just came back from seeing Terminator 3 and I sure was not dissapointed!! :D This is the first blockbuster of the summer that did not turn out all weird I think. The Matrix was weird. Trinity and Neo having sex (what the hell?!!). The Hulk was weird. They talked so much that when they started fighting is seemed like an interuption to the talking. T3 totally delivers on what it bills intself to be and I am happy with that. I think some of these other movies tried to stretch beyond the simple formula of blow stuff up and say funny stuff in between. T3 thank goodness does not leave this formula. O well....there is so much more to say but I dont want to play spoiler.... :D

Jason Dunn
07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Cool - I look forward to seeing it!

I was really disappointed in The Hulk. I had such high hopes, but the movie just freakin' fell apart. It's like they really didn't have a story, so they just made crap up. Ang Lee - what were you thinking man??? :2gunfire:

JonnoB
07-02-2003, 08:02 AM
I also was dissapointed in the Hulk. My kids however, thought it was neat. Did you notice the security guard cameo?

Jason Dunn
07-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Did you notice the security guard cameo?

Yup, that was cool! And Stan Lee did a cameo too...

Jeff Rutledge
07-02-2003, 04:11 PM
I was SO disappointed in the Hulk. I had very high hopes for it because I didn't have huge expectations (like I did for Matrix Reloaded and X2). I am a casual HULK fan at best so I didn't have a bunch of pre-conceptions about what I was going to see. I just wanted great effects and a great show. I got the great effects (say what you will, but I think the CGI was incredible), but as seems to happen so much: no one bothered to write a story!!

I think Ang Lee tried so hard to be "true" to the HULK, he forgot that he needs to entertain first and foremost.

Oh well, it's made enough for a sequel. Here's hoping they hire a writer this time.

Elad Yakobowicz
07-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Matrix was weird.

Hey! That's not fair! I, for one, happened to think that Matrix: Reloaded was -..... yeah, you're right it was wierd. :?

Jacob
07-02-2003, 04:48 PM
So far Stan Lee has appeared in all the Marvel movies - Spiderman, Daredevil and the Hulk.

I heard T3 was pretty much predictable and loud - but it did that very well :)

I do want to see it just to see what they did with it.. but I'm expecting T2 updated in special effects a little.

g0097
07-02-2003, 09:01 PM
I heard T3 was pretty much predictable and loud - but it did that very well :)

Sums up the movie even better than I ever could! The movie did not try to be more than it was suppose to be and thats what I think I liked about it.

Sunnyone
07-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear some of you liked T3. It's on my kid's list of things to do this July 4th weekend. :D Besides massive amounts of fireworks, that is! :mrgreen:

Enderet
07-03-2003, 02:16 AM
Heh well I came to the off topic section to start a threat about T3.

Well I was dissapointed.

Terminator was never meant to be a movie with funny stuff in it. (IMHO). The scenes which were deleted from T2 which made an appearance on the Ultimate Edition were scenes which were funny(such as Arnie learning how to smile).

I loved T2, its one of my favorite movies, in fact I bought the new Extreme Edition when it came out on DVD(dont try playing the Extreme Edition if you dont have a 2.8 or better PC, trust me :D). But this T3 thing, I was skeptical of it back when I saw the first trailer.

No wait, I was skeptical of it when I heard that none of the old actors except Arnie were coming back.

I personaly thought that Arnie talked too much. The new girl terminator was not that great, and I guess tahts because she comes from soap operas.

***SPOILER COMING UP***

***SPOILER COMING UP***

***SPOILER COMING UP***

When the TX gets stuck against the magnet, that was so :| The special effects looked sloppy and as if they put them together at the last minute.

*END SPOILER*

Well, the movie was better than what I had originaly expected. I thought this was going to be a complete flop, but being the Terminator fan that I am, I had to go watch it(my fiance would have killed me if I hadnt gone, since shes a terminator buff too :D ).

Oh yeah,... one last thing, It would have been much more better had Cameron directed it. Im sure everyone will agree with me on this one.

JonnoB
07-03-2003, 03:30 AM
Heh well I came to the off topic section to start a threat about T3.

Please, no threats on this board.. :D

Enderet
07-03-2003, 04:40 PM
hahah...oops. :mrgreen: You know what I meant.... "thread". Haha