View Full Version : Good News Everybody

isilver
07-02-2003, 04:02 AM
I contacted Sandisk and they are familiar with the problems with the Dell Axim X5 and new Sandisk cards. What's better yet is that they said that they will replace it with a Compact Flash card. Here is what they wrote back to me saying:

This is an issue that we are currently researching further and are trying to determine a solution at this time. We can offer you an exchange of the SD card for a CF card of the same capacity regarding this known issue. We have no known issues with CF cards and the Dell Axim. Dell Axims are the only PDA's to display these types of issues using SanDisk SD cards.

droppedd
07-02-2003, 04:17 AM
wow - a company actually owning up that a device-specific conflict is their OWN fault. Most companies I know of would just shuttle blame back and forth with the manufacturer, and it would be almost too easy to just blame Dell (hey, our SD cards work everywhere else, must be THEIR fault!). Thumbs up to SanDisk for acknowledging responsibility, even if it's a problem that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Kati Compton
07-02-2003, 04:20 AM
I know I'm a cynic, but I thought there were problems with the SanDisk's in Toshibas too.... Glad to hear they're willing to respond to you though. :)

spursdude
07-02-2003, 04:22 AM
I know I'm a cynic, but I thought there were problems with the SanDisk's in Toshibas too.... Glad to hear they're willing to respond to you though. :)
I had the exact same thoughts..... but....

It's impressive that they admit the problem and are willing to do a SD for CF trade.

JonnoB
07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
I contacted Sandisk and they are familiar with the problems with the Dell Axim X5 and new Sandisk cards. What's better yet is that they said that they will replace it with a Compact Flash card. Here is what they wrote back to me saying:

This is an issue that we are currently researching further and are trying to determine a solution at this time. We can offer you an exchange of the SD card for a CF card of the same capacity regarding this known issue. We have no known issues with CF cards and the Dell Axim. Dell Axims are the only PDA's to display these types of issues using SanDisk SD cards.

Of course they would do this... CF is significantly less expensive than SD. They are making more money on you as a result.

GoldKey
07-02-2003, 10:21 AM
They should be giving you at least double the capacity in CF as opposed to SD. If you wanted CF, you would have bought it in the first place. Tell them you use a wireless card in the CF slot, so you need SD (hence you paid the PREMIUM to buy it in the first place). So they can just give you your money back and you can buy from another vendor. Of course, that may not fly with them, and may be a hassle, but it is the principle.

PetiteFlower
07-02-2003, 11:16 PM
That's a good point; they should replace the card with a CF card of equivalent COST not equivalent capacity...