View Full Version : Agenda Fusion 5 thoughts

hoffm11
07-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Did you upgrade or try-out Agenda Fusion 5? What do you think? I have played with it for a while and think I am going to switch to PI. I think PI has more to offer, but I can be swayed in either direction. Let me know what you think!

CTSLICK
07-01-2003, 03:29 PM
I switched from AF to PI late last year and have not been disappointed. PI v4.x really cemented it for me, big improvements in speed and functionality. PI's next version is due out very soon and the new features and improvements are terrific.

I also keep up with the latest version of AF to see how it is advancing. I installed AF5 and it is an improvement relative to AF 4.93. But it still does not provide the features and functionality that I have found in PI. There are tons of options available to make PI act like I want it to and look the way I want it to. The developer has gone to great lengths to make these options readily available via intuitive menus. The task view, in my opinion, is without equal. In fact, to call it a task view or to do list sells it short. It is really a task manager. After giving AF5 a shake down I can say confidently that PI will continue to be my choice for the foreseeable future.

I will also go on record and state that PI performs noticeably better on my Axim than AF5. YMMV

I definitely encourage you to load up the trial version of PI and give it a try.

Xianfox
07-01-2003, 03:49 PM
I switched from AF to PI not too long ago. I expected AF to have a few more improvements that what it does. I tried out AF5 last night and this morning I reinstalled PI. I'm not even going to bother with the upgrade.

AF's only advantages, AFAIC, are the UI and the documentation. I think AF's UI is a bit better, but the screen shots I've seen of the upcoming PI 4.5 indicate an improved UI, so it may not be much of an issue in a week or so. Now if they'll finally adequately document the program... :?

Jerry Raia
07-01-2003, 04:09 PM
I think PI is the better of the two as well.

tregnier
07-01-2003, 06:10 PM
I have been using Agenda Fusion but I'm really irked at the company for backing off a promise that I recall in past web pages saying that owners of previous versions (4+something) will be able to upgrade to 5.0 at no cost. Now the site says, "If you've purchased Agenda Fusion on or after February 13, 2003, you'll be emailed your FREE registration code for Agenda Fusion 5 by July 4th."

While I like Agenda Fusion, I'm switching to PI on the principal that I don't want to do any more business with Developer One.

thomas1973
07-01-2003, 11:32 PM
I would go for PI. I've tested the upcoming PI 4.5, and it's GREAT! It's packed with new and enhanced features, and I feel PI is the best PIM out there, as in Personal Information Manager, as it is very customizable and can therefore easily be made to suit your needs, instead of you changing your Personal Information Management to suit the PIM.

PI 4.5 is also a lot faster than previous versions, and from what I've heard, it's also noticably faster than AF in most views.

Anyway, if you have the time, download both, and take them both for a spin (PI 4.5 should be out any day now). If you just want to try one, my money is on PI. :D

Thomas.

dh
07-02-2003, 02:04 AM
I have been using Agenda Fusion but I'm really irked at the company for backing off a promise that I recall in past web pages saying that owners of previous versions (4+something) will be able to upgrade to 5.0 at no cost. Now the site says, "If you've purchased Agenda Fusion on or after February 13, 2003, you'll be emailed your FREE registration code for Agenda Fusion 5 by July 4th."

While I like Agenda Fusion, I'm switching to PI on the principal that I don't want to do any more business with Developer One.

Alex, the PI guy, is keeping his promise to make the new version of PI free to his Ver. 4.x customers even though a lot of people feel it's going to be a big enough upgrade to justify a charge.

I'm actually looking forward to the PI upgrade more than the Windows Mobile upgrade I have on order from Dell. If I was only allowed one app on my PPC, PI would be it.