View Full Version : mobile forums: will post quality go down?

msprague
06-28-2003, 08:14 PM
I love the mobile forums and am looking forward to more details on other subscriber services, but as more of us begin to use the mobile forums do you think that it will have a negative impact on post quality? I for one am much less likely to add a url to a related page if I am posting from my device. Will most of you primarily use the mobile access for view only? Personally I love the ability to quickly and easily respond from my device. In fact this is my third mobile post today. Maybe we will get more of the "... I'll add a pic and link when I get to the office" type responses?

TopDog
06-28-2003, 08:26 PM
I understand your consern, but I don't think the quality will go down. I too love the mobile forums, this is my 10' mobile post today. I stear out of post where I think I should add a link or a picture. Those I can reply to when I turn my computer on...

So I think the quality will go up because the reply-rate will increase.

David Prahl
06-28-2003, 08:49 PM
I've been here on my wireless PPC, and replied to many threads.

If I don't sign up, will I just have to get used to odd formatting?

(In other words, are the mobile forums just formatted versions of the normal ones?)

msprague
06-28-2003, 08:52 PM
yep, you won't lose any access and they are the same forums. Just fancy formatting. 0X

madbart
06-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Even though i like to read the forums on my ppc i prefer to post via my pc.

Vincent M Ferrari
06-29-2003, 03:15 AM

I feel the exact same way. Not having to lug out my laptop is a God-send...

Kati Compton
06-29-2003, 03:20 AM
Well, I think it's likely that we'll have more *short* posts, but maybe people will just get better at being concise. Hopefully we won't go into SMS-speak, though.

Dave Beauvais
06-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Wht do u mean? I luv when ppl type like ths. I make me use my brain 2 figure out wht the hell they r saying. :roll:

But seriously, while I have used the mobile forums to post a few replies so far, I see me using them mostly for reading while I'm on the go. I'm in the process of reviewing a product right now that makes posting to the mobile forums while on the go pretty easy.

Now, if only I could use my h5455 anywhere with Sprint PCS, I'd be happy as a clam! :? Currently, I have to be near a wireless LAN.

--Dave

Jerry Raia
06-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Just get one of those little keyboards :D

TopDog
06-29-2003, 09:14 AM
http://www.pdanorway.com/images/Pocketop/typing.jpg
Here is how I answer the mobile forums :way to go:

willkess71
06-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Now, if only I could use my h5455 anywhere with Sprint PCS, I'd be happy as a clam! Currently, I have to be near a wireless LAN.

That is why my beloved Paquita sits at home while my brand new 2032SP takes its' place on my hip! l Still use my 5455 for BT GPS when needed. I have to say I love the mobile format!

JvanEkris
06-29-2003, 01:06 PM
At our board, we use mobile forums for about three months now. My opinion is that quality goes UP, instead of down. This is because people stay closer to the point, instead of writing complete novels around the subject. One thing i must add, is that people are less inclined to copy links because of practical reasons.

Jaap

Jerry Raia
06-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Here is how I answer the mobile forums :way to go:
Now thats what I'm talking about. How do you like that thing?