View Full Version : Page Scanning for PPC

jensenjb
06-26-2003, 03:16 AM
I was in a couple of meetings today and received the usual handouts, business cards, etc. As I was entering in the important info into my PPC, I started to think how nice it would be to have a small, portable scanner that could hook up to the PPC and allow me to scan all of this information. To really make it cool, it would have to run off of the PPC battery so I don't have yet one more charger, and I would like to convert the files to repligo format at they are scanned in (small and fast!).

What do you think? Am I dreaming or does something like this exist?

rhmorrison
06-26-2003, 08:47 AM
What do you think? Am I dreaming or does something like this exist?
For business cards - YES, for handouts, pamphlets and converting to Repligo format you will have to use your desktop PC.

msprague
06-27-2003, 02:28 PM
It won't help with Repligo, but a decent digital camera (most have macro abililty) can be used for this. I remember reading an article targeting Tablet PCs where someone took pictures of documents with their camera and it was very readable and could be annotated on the Tablet PC. The same concept would work with the Pocket PC using one of the image editing tools to annotate. For example Resco Picture Viewer lets you draw or type onto pictures and saves your scribbles seperately from the image. For this to work well, your Pocket PC would need to support the same media as your camera.