View Full Version : Why some file get auto deleted

davidesacco
06-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Hallo all!
Hope you could give me a hand on this. It's already the 3rd times that my Ipaw 3970 delete some file. Are always the same: The start-up folder and the Start menu folder. I don't know why thought!

any idea?

now my "Agenda" wan't start either! :cry:

ciao
Davide

Rob Borek
06-24-2003, 08:32 PM
The "Start Menu" folder contains everything in the Start Menu plus the Programs folder, etc. - are you sure it's being deleted?

And have you tried a soft reset (press in the small button on the bottom of your iPAQ with your stylus) to try and get Calendar going again?

davidesacco
06-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Yes all the .lnk file in the "start menu" are gone, i don't know why... i just turn on the Ipaq.
On top of that, the "start-up" folder (the one with the files that gets loaded every soft reset) are gone too. Now the Agenda doen't start

ciao
Davide

Don't tell me that i have to Hard-reset ;-/

Rob Borek
06-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Yes all the .lnk file in the "start menu" are gone, i don't know why... i just turn on the Ipaq.
On top of that, the "start-up" folder (the one with the files that gets loaded every soft reset) are gone too. Now the Agenda doen't start

ciao
Davide

Don't tell me that i have to Hard-reset ;-/

What program(s) did you load onto your iPAQ before this started to happen?

davidesacco
06-24-2003, 09:14 PM
I did a hard reset 2 weak ago and than i only loaded this software:
Fitaly 3.0
e-wallet
VBirthday
VisBar 1.2 beta4
Resco File Explorer
Resco Picture viewer 4.0
Battery Pack 2003 ver 5 (i only use the program Bar)
The Sky
Pocket Backup 2.1.1 (update for Ipaq owner) (schedule for once a week)
Isilo 3.3
TomTom (with map on a Lexar SD 256MB)

That's it. Last thing i've done is to manage maps on the SD, i loaded/deleted some map from the Sd with a SD card reader on my PC.

ciao
Davide

Rob Borek
06-24-2003, 10:19 PM
I did a hard reset 2 weak ago and than i only loaded this software:
Fitaly 3.0
e-wallet
VBirthday
VisBar 1.2 beta4
Resco File Explorer
Resco Picture viewer 4.0
Battery Pack 2003 ver 5 (i only use the program Bar)
The Sky
Pocket Backup 2.1.1 (update for Ipaq owner) (schedule for once a week)
Isilo 3.3
TomTom (with map on a Lexar SD 256MB)

That's it. Last thing i've done is to manage maps on the SD, i loaded/deleted some map from the Sd with a SD card reader on my PC.

ciao
Davide

Something you've done or a program you've loaded is causing it - but I can't tell which one. You may want to perform a hard reset and start over again - don't restore from a backup, start fresh.

davidesacco
06-24-2003, 11:30 PM
ok Thanks
I've done what you suggest, i keep you inform

ciao
Davide