View Full Version : More Windows Mobile and iPAQ 2215 Comments...

Palmguy
06-24-2003, 04:05 AM
Well, after a bit of effort my (new) iPAQ is up and running on ActiveSync, and on Wifi.

It is confirmed that the D-Link DCF-660W does work on 2k3. It is a bit quirky, at least with my setup, but now that it is running, it is truly awesome. PIE has been upgraded big time. Rendering speeds have made it very plausible for me to rather use the iPAQ to read threads sitting on my couch. BTW PPCT team, the mobile forums are amazing. Very, very cool. Best implementation I have ever seen. It is truly usable on a Pocket PC.

One thing that really had me on the Palm Zire 71 that I had was the rendering speed of AvantGo. On my 3950 it was pretty slow. I'd hit the back button and it would take a couple of seconds to redraw the screen and then adjust to the previous position of the page. None of that on the 2215. It is blazingly fast in PIE!

The software fixes along with the wider bus I guess have dramatically improved internet browsing on PPC 2k3!

If it was mainly the software, I'd say that it is worth the upgrade if you surf at all...could be more hardware though...

I'll give more comments about battery life when I can, I just got it up and running so I'm off to play!

drober30
06-24-2003, 03:08 PM
I agree with the speed increase! I notice the increase when opening Excel docs and other items too! This device whether hardware, software or both combined is much faster and a very nice device in my opinion!

Enderet
06-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Chrono Trigger runs great with sound... thats one of the reasons why i purchased it. Now i need to go check to see if Hack Master is out for the 2215.