View Full Version : Sprint PCS & Sony Erricson T608

CAPreppy
06-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Not sure if this is the forum to place this question, but here goes. In March 2003, Sony Erricson announced the T608. There was a FLURRY of websites that captured in essence was very little information about it. Since that flurry, I have not heard a thing about it. I've tried contacting Sprint and the people I spoke with were even more clueless than I.

Does anyone know if the T608 is coming out? It was supposed to come out in Q2 2003. Obviously this quarter ends in a week and I would have assumed I would hear/see something prior to it's arrival.

I'm looking at getting the iPAQ 5555 in the next couple of weeks and want to be able to use the Bluetooth for Internet access on it.

Any feedback would be MUCH appreciated.

Tom

Deus
06-23-2003, 11:09 PM
I have heard the it is suppose to ship to stores on June 25th. So I would look for it this weekend

disconnected
06-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Deus,

Have you heard if they've disabled whatever profiles are needed to use it as a modem? That seems to be a rumor that's been circulating recently. That capability is the only reason I'd buy the thing.

CAPreppy
06-24-2003, 04:04 AM
I had not heard that rumor, but yeah that would plain suck. Thatis the ONLY reason I'm interested in this phone.

That would kinda defeat the purpose of having Bluetooth!!!

sfrank8734
06-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Not good. Sonyericsson has announced they are closing their CDMA production, and killing this one off. I've been waiting too, gang. Damn.

www.phonescoop.com