View Full Version : Updated GoToMyPC Features Choice of Versions

Jason Dunn
06-24-2003, 12:15 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,111276,tk,dn062303X,00.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.pcworld.com/news/article...n062303X,00.asp</a><br /><br /></div>"...The program is noted for doing a remarkably good job of letting workers get to their PCs and, correspondingly, their applications and files from any browser-equipped computer--which helped GoToMyPC version 3.0 win a PC World World Class Award. Version 4.0 was unveiled last week at CeBIT America in New York. From a gee-whiz technology standpoint, version 4.0's big news is PocketView. Designed for Pocket PC devices with an Internet connection--through Wi-Fi, cellular networks, or other means--PocketView lets handheld users view and control their remote PC's desktop and applications.<br /><br />The big catch? Pocket PCs typically have screens with a resolution of 240 by 320, far less than that of a PC. PocketView offers several workarounds for this issue, including the capability to pan around the remote system's desktop, shrink it to fit the Pocket PC display, or rotate it so it's displayed on the Pocket PC in landscape rather than portrait orientation. Despite these features, navigating a PC from a Pocket PC's Lilliputian screen remains unwieldy. But as with the big-PC version of GoToMyPC, connecting is a cinch and performance is surprisingly snappy. And usability is much better on Samsung's Nexio handheld PC--a high-resolution device which, unfortunately, is not currently available in the U.S."

Pocket PC Dubai
08-26-2003, 05:30 PM
This is a very convenient solution, it is not too slow actually it not bad works okay on my h5450 there are some acceptable delays. But I think every time I connect to my desktop I should download and run this file “gotomypc.exe” on my iPAQ, why do I have to redownload for every connection?

Vincent M Ferrari
08-26-2003, 06:48 PM
That redownloading thing is the only thing that pisses me off about it.

I definitely like the functionality, and it's more than adequate to get the job done.