View Full Version : Pocket PC Tools Reviews iPAQ 2215

Jason Dunn
06-23-2003, 11:42 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpctools.com/reviews/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=a3536a8d91f850be8fbe0b79dc6d8474&cmd=details&itemid=12' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpctools.com/review...tails&itemid=12</a><br /><br /></div>Barry Shilmover over at Pocket PC Tools has put together a review on the iPAQ 2215, and he seems to like the device quiet a bit! Although I'd sure never call the Axim "small"... 8O <br /><br />"I am proud to say that I have owned (and still own) every iPAQ ever produced, but when I started to hear some of the rumors of the new h2200 series device, I got excited. Well, that device ended up being the h2210/h2215. And I have to say... Wow! When I got the Dell Axim X5 device, I remember saying to myself, "This is the device of choice. Small, fast, nice screen, SD, and CF? Can't get any better than this". Well I was wrong. The h2215 is smaller, has built in Bluetooth, an SDIO card, and a CF Card. (Hey, HP... About time on the integrated CF slot! ;-) ). Yes, I said smaller (it is thinner and shorter than the Dell Axim)."

entropy1980
06-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Uhhhh I know Barry's Canadian(j/k!!) and all... but calling the Axim small? Has he been hangin out with Paul Bunyan? :lol:

Tari Akpodiete
06-24-2003, 12:11 AM
yes, but is there a backup battery (coin) yet? i'm looking at the pictures he's posted but i don't see it.

Jason Dunn
06-24-2003, 12:18 AM
yes, but is there a backup battery (coin) yet? i'm looking at the pictures he's posted but i don't see it.

No - all iPAQs use an internal battery for backup.

maximus
06-24-2003, 01:45 AM
Barry Shilmover over at Pocket PC Tools has put together a review on the iPAQ 2215, and he seems to like the device quiet a bit!

snip..

wrong. The h2215 is smaller, has built in Bluetooth, an SDIO card, and a CF Card. (Hey, HP... About time on the integrated CF slot! ). Yes, I said smaller (it is thinner and shorter than the Dell Axim)."

Pony, you should NOT wish this shilmover guy to explode ! That is mean ! :D

Enderet
06-24-2003, 01:45 AM
The Axim is small? mmm maybe he is talking about the new axims! bleh.. gosh i think i need to accept the fact that there is no new axim that will kick the 2215s speaker(hehehe) :splat:

maximus
06-24-2003, 01:46 AM
The Axim is small? mmm maybe he is talking about the new axims! bleh.. gosh i think i need to accept the fact that there is no new axim that will kick the 2215s speaker

We dont know that yet, dont we ? :wink:

ctmagnus
06-24-2003, 02:09 AM
The Click to Zoom link on the site, zooms the picture smaller. :lol:

Tari Akpodiete
06-24-2003, 03:48 AM

No - all iPAQs use an internal battery for backup.

but it is only one battery still, in total, right? not a main battery and an actual backup battery. although it is nice to see that they went to a removable a bit ago.

and while we're on the subject, what about the new Gateways - does anyone know: is there a backup battery?

Janak Parekh
06-24-2003, 03:52 AM
but it is only one battery still, in total, right? not a main battery and an actual backup battery. although it is nice to see that they went to a removable a bit ago.
No, I believe the 19xx, the 22xx and the 5xxx units have an internal, nonremovable, second battery for backup.

--janak

shilmover
06-24-2003, 04:59 AM
Hey! The Axim is small. I just have really, really big hands... :twisted:

shilmover
06-24-2003, 05:04 AM
The Click to Zoom link on the site, zooms the picture in. :lol:

Hey what can I say... That part of the Review Portal does not quite work as expected yet. 8O Damn Thumbnails!! :D

Pony99CA
06-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Hey, HP... About time on the integrated CF slot!
He's safe. I only want people whining about no CF slot in sleeve-compatible iPAQs to :microwave:.

Steve

thomas1973
06-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Hey, HP... About time on the integrated CF slot!
He's safe. I only want people whining about no CF slot in sleeve-compatible iPAQs to :microwave:.

Steve
You mean the sleeve compatible makes my laptop seem small iPaqs? :lol:

(OK, OK, there's always the Silver Slider - with spin offs)

Thomas.

thomas1973
06-24-2003, 03:14 PM
And what's with making two same sized, same power - but different connection pins - batteries :evil: Using the same batteries for the 1900's and the 2200's would be a great advantage for end users! Now I'm just waiting to find out the 1945 has yet another set of battery connectors...

Thomas.