View Full Version : Hp iPaq 2215: Where to buy?

ToeCutter
06-23-2003, 05:12 PM
I've just spent the last hour dealing with apathetic "Customer Service Representatives" at all the major electronics retailer chains (CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc) and none (in Detroit anyway) currently have the 2215 in stock. As usual, Fry's seems to be the only retailer in the country that's on the ball.

This comes as a great surprise to me, as not one but TWO HP reps I work with daily assured me that the the 2215 would be on store shelves today. Apparently, HP started shipping the 2215s on June 10, with strict instructions to retailers that should not be offered until today. The remarks made by the retailers I spoke with varied considerably:

CompUSA - Despite purchasing new Clies from them WEEKS ahead of release dates, CompUSA told me they aren't even sure they'll carry the 2215! Nothing listed on "The Computer", despite reading posts mentioning otherwise.

Best Buy - Ranged from "Not sure we're going to carry that" to "they'll be on the shelves tomorrow". Huh?

Circuit City - Canned "Try next week" response.

OfficeMax - Wasn't sure what I was talking about.

Office Depot - Resounding "Don't have it, don't know when we will, thank you for calling."

Perhaps I'm misinformed, but many, many posts here and elsewhere mentioned today as the official release date for both PPC 2003 (now called Windows Mobile?) and the iPaq 2215. That, with the comments made by my HP reps, seemed to indicate we would be able to buy today.

Despite the overwhelming commercial muscle possessed by these retailers, eBay is the only place I can find the 2215 for sale. :bad-words:

So, anyone know where I can get a iPaq 2215 in Detroit? :roll:

bradolson
06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
You can get it from Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009RL1X/10108121979-20

$399 w/ Free shipping and no tax for most. In stock as well.

drober30
06-23-2003, 09:02 PM
CompUSA had 4 of them at 9:00am. I bought one and I love it. Hope they still have one for you. Call the number off the website and when the recording picks up press #0 then a person will answer. You can ask them to hold it till you get there. CompUSA in Auburn Hills on Baldwin Road !!!!

medic119
06-23-2003, 10:41 PM
My CompUSA had 8 in stock, but I had to ask. They weren't on display. I am sure they are by now though.

dreampages
06-24-2003, 12:07 AM
We have them in stock. Order by 3pm CST and we'll ship it out the same day.

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/banner_img/?click-1050099145-1055880230