View Full Version : How do you bank?

jkabaseball
06-22-2003, 03:50 AM
I was woundering what everyone uses i'm all microsoft money. how about you?

ombu
06-22-2003, 04:37 AM
IMHO Cash Organizer deserves it's own option in a poll like this, lot of people (me among them) think it's the best, plenty of features, reliable, maybe it's one of the best app written for the PPC platform and right now it has a much lower price. It's great even as a stand alone app though there's a Money Sync add-on available.

Regards.

ikesler
06-22-2003, 05:25 AM
ombu..... so you really like the CO app eh? I was thinking about giving it another look.

ombu
06-22-2003, 05:36 AM
ombu..... so you really like the CO app eh? I was thinking about giving it another look.

Hey Ian, good to see you here, never thought my likes and dislikes where so visible :lol: .

Give it a try, I use it every day, budgets, reports, graphics, currencies, just play arround for a while with those features, AFAIK your "s/w taste", you'll become a CO fan, I bet.

Cheers.

Pony99CA
06-22-2003, 08:32 AM
I was woundering what everyone uses i'm all microsoft money. how about you?
Can you clarify the poll a bit. Is this for Pocket PC banking software (which I'd assume being in the Pocket PC Software forum) or banking software in general (which probably should be in Off-Topic)?

If the former, I use Money. If the latter, you need more options; I'm a freak 0X and use both Microsoft Money 2002 and Quicken 2000.

Steve

dean_shan
06-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Where's the too poor to be able to have money to balance? :wink:

Crystal Eitle
06-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Cash Organizer is the best. My only gripe is that they're charging something like $35 for MoneySync (which lets you sync with desktop MS Money). It should be free, or available for a nominal cost, like $5-10. So right now I'm only using CO, since I can't get it to sync with Money.

Inesoft did reduce the price of CO to $29.95, which I think is a reasonable price for such a powerful program. Take a look at it - there's a 25 or 30 day demo.

Cortex
06-23-2003, 01:48 AM
My only gripe is that they're charging something like $35 for MoneySync (which lets you sync with desktop MS Money).

crystal the sync program is free -- they aren't (or weren't) charging for it.

here's the link:

http://inesoft.com/eng/dsync.php

Cortex
06-23-2003, 01:51 AM
i should add that you should definately back up all of your data files before trying to get it to sync with money.

i eventually had to create a new money database and import my old one before it would quit duplicating things. but now it works great and i definitely recommend buying CO especially at the sale price.

you guys should post this deal on the main page -- the program is good.

Crystal Eitle
06-23-2003, 04:54 AM
crystal the sync program is free -- they aren't (or weren't) charging for it.

"Cash Organizer MoneySync is Shareware software. Trial period is 25 days. After that period you will need to register the software."

All I know is that I was using it and it stopped working on me and demanded a reg code. I don't know where I got the $35 figure from - looking around on the Inesoft site, I can't find it now. Perhaps it is free, and they just want you to register it?

EDIT: If you click on "purchase," there's a drop-down menu for the different products, and it says that MoneySync is $35 :evil: .

Cortex
06-23-2003, 06:50 PM
do you own the full version of cash organizer?

if so it should work. i got it for free. cant remember if i registered it or not but the moneysync was free -- in fact its a beta product v1.1

gbpackers4ever
06-23-2003, 07:22 PM
The production version of MoneySync is indeed $35. Funny they don't mention that anywhere until you go to the registration page.

$29.95 + $35 = $64.95!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's still twice the cost of its Quicken counterparts (PQ, Spb Quick), which include their sync components.

BTW, MoneySync works like a dream.

Crystal Eitle
06-23-2003, 07:51 PM
do you own the full version of cash organizer?
Sure do.

if so it should work. i got it for free. cant remember if i registered it or not but the moneysync was free -- in fact its a beta product v1.1
Their site was pretty misleading. I sure thought it would be free, but now it's expired and I can't figure out how to register it without paying for it.

I think I should write to them and complain.

Cortex
06-24-2003, 01:53 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

so, i go to sync my handheld today and it crashes :|

i pull it out of the cradle and it says "Your trial version of MoneySync has exprired. Please Register"

and sure enough, it looks like they are trying to change 35 BUCKS FOR THEIR STUPID MONEY SYNC SOFTWARE

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

so much for my kind words about their program. they can stick it where the sun dont shine! i've emailed them about the total worthlessness of their program in light of the fact that THEY ARE TAKING ALL OF MY MONEY@!$#@)(*$&

i think their Sale price 29.99 is a scam so they can now charge 34.99 for the sync software -- slimey jerks.