View Full Version : Something funny to do with a Palm III?

carphead
06-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Sitting in my draw at work I have a old Palm III (clear plastic one).

I've been itching to find a way to break the thing but I can't a comedy way to do it. :(

At the moment I've been thinking of turning it into a photoframe but that really lacks imagination. So I turn to you the readers of the best Pocket PC community to find a way for me.

No prizes (sorry) but I'll happly post pictures of the result. :)

Thanks,
Daniel[/list]

rberry88
06-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Well I have an old Palm IIIc, yep the colorized the one (lol) sitting here at my desk. Maybe we could strap some wheels or rutters on them and have our own little Palm-Robot Wars. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rberry88

Pat Logsdon
06-20-2003, 10:42 PM
A few thoughts: Coaster for your frosty beverage
Soda Can Crusher
Chia PalmTM
Palm Ant-FarmTM (dip it in gravy and leave it outside)

Crystal Eitle
06-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Okay, I know this isn't as much fun as destroying it, but if it still works, why not give it to someone? Believe it or not, there are a ton of people out there without a PDA of any kind who would be thrilled to get a free Palm, even if it is obsolete. Give it to a friend, or a kid.

Although I do think the gravy ant farm idea is pretty funny.

Kati Compton
06-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Okay, I know this isn't as much fun as destroying it, but if it still works, why not give it to someone? Believe it or not, there are a ton of people out there without a PDA of any kind who would be thrilled to get a free Palm, even if it is obsolete. Give it to a friend, or a kid.
I agree with Crystal. Though an alternative might be to replace the screen with a mirror and hang it on the wall...

thomas1973
06-20-2003, 11:36 PM
I'd vote for gravy ant-farm over making a small kid happy any day!! :lol:

But that's just me......

Thomas

Jacob
06-20-2003, 11:50 PM
I'd vote for gravy ant-farm over making a small kid happy any day!! :lol:

But that's just me......

Thomas

How about making a small kid happy by letting the kid pour gravy over it and let him have the ant-farm? :D

I say make a kid happy and give it to them as a hockey puck. Get a real good slap shot and that thing will GO!

ctmagnus
06-21-2003, 03:31 AM
Picture frame or mirror. But make sure to remove any incriminating logos, 'cuz that'd be just plain taseteless otherwise.

Keep it in the freezer to set your drinks on, on hot summer days.

Or you could pour honey all over it and leave it in the woods. At least one person has consumed an entire vehicle so that wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Pony99CA
06-21-2003, 04:50 AM
Or you could pour honey all over it and leave it in the woods. At least one person has consumed an entire vehicle so that wouldn't be much of a stretch.
What does that mean? :?:

Steve

ctmagnus
06-22-2003, 02:10 AM
What does that mean? :?:

Steve

Leave it for a bear to eat.

(There. Now I said it. The SPCA is going to be knocking on my door is three minutes. Da*n hippies! :hippy: )

:mrgreen:

GoldKey
06-22-2003, 02:37 AM
I don't know if it is possible, but if you could squeeze the guts of a 1910 into it, it might be funny to have a PPC running inside a palm case.

jkabaseball
06-22-2003, 03:33 AM
well i know my project for an extra ppc for me would be to find a way to put it in my stereo in my room and stream audio over it.. but you got a plam :?:

Kati Compton
06-22-2003, 05:03 AM
Well, you could make it a full-time remote control. Or if you're technically inclined, make it a light switch. Touch the screen to turn the lights on or off....At the same time, it could be a nightlight. Have the screen turn on when the lights turn off.

ctmagnus
06-22-2003, 05:36 AM
Replace the screen with a speaker and use it for one of those "Whose there?!?" things that rich people oftentimes have by their doors.

Janak Parekh
06-22-2003, 05:55 AM
Replace the screen with a speaker and use it for one of those "Whose there?!?" things that rich people oftentimes have by their doors.
Better known as a door intercom, I think. ;)

(And no, we don't have one.)

--janak