View Full Version : Toshiba PPC2003 @ Best Buy

nosmohtac
06-20-2003, 09:51 PM
I was at Best Buy last evening, and they had a Toshiba e335, with PocketPC2003 installed. I could be wrong on the model#, but it definitely was a new one. It had a darker metal case, but the same form factor as the previous ones in that line.
I thought none of the new models were supposed to be available before monday.

The OS looked the same, for the most part, on the surface. This doesn't bother me, if the underpinnings are all improved. I did notice that it actually came with another game besides solitaire, but didn't have much time to play with it.

JackTheTripper
06-20-2003, 10:00 PM
for how much?

dh
06-20-2003, 10:03 PM
It seems that quite a few people have already bought PPC2003 devices, especially in the West.

I think I might head over to the local BB this evening and see what (if anything) they have.

Of the ones due out, it's the H2210 that interests me, whether enough to want to replace my Axim remains to be seen. Of course if I get one I'd just have to get a BT phone as well so maybe not a good idea.

maximus
06-21-2003, 02:26 AM
The people at our headquarter in U.S. has already been assigned with the 'corporate edition' of the brand new 2215 and 5555. Looks really nice. Saw the 2215 yesterday, when one of the big boss from NY office drops by in Singapore. I guess someone at the purchasing department finally wisen up and dropped the agreement with fujitsu siemens as the sole provider of our 'free' PPCs.

nosmohtac
06-21-2003, 09:07 AM
for how much?

I went back to BB today, and it was indeed a new 335. It was $299.

P.S. It had a nice transflective screen, but you think Toshiba and other OEM's would know better by now, than to only have a few backlight settings. This model still only had 4 backlight settings (Really only three, if you don't count Off as one of the settings).

Sslixtis
06-21-2003, 11:33 PM
I was just at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix, AZ and they have a new e355 with PPC 2003 and a 300Mhz Xscale for $399, they also had the HP iPaq 2215 for $399, and all I can say is WOW. I wouldn't even look twice at the Toshiba after playing with both of them in the store.

If the HP 2215 had a Jog Dial I would've bought it on the spot, since it didn't I'm waiting on all the new devices to come out.

Cheers!

nosmohtac
06-22-2003, 06:20 AM
I hear ya. I went back to BB today, and they had the 2215 in. WOW, what an incredible device. I am truly suprised at the size the styling and the screen for a device with all this one has to offer (CF Type II, SD, and BT).

Oh, times are looking brighter. :lol: :D :wink:

Abba Zabba
06-22-2003, 07:02 AM
I was at Circuit City and saw the new Toshiba as well, but not at BB. I saw them about 3 days ago. The OS sure does look the same on the surface :|

Sslixtis
06-22-2003, 10:47 PM
I was at Circuit City and saw the new Toshiba as well, but not at BB. I saw them about 3 days ago. The OS sure does look the same on the surface :|

Agreed but, WMP9 sure is nice, slapped my CF card with my MP3s on it into the 2215 and all the annoying little skips and static that I had been experiencing with some of my songs on WMP8.5 were gone! :lol: