View Full Version : How often do you have problems with ActiveSync?

Mitch D
06-20-2003, 01:54 AM
I have seen lots of comments about people having problems with active sync and it has made me wonder. Just how many people out there have had any troubles with "ActiveSync"?

dlangton
06-20-2003, 02:03 AM
Used to have very serious problems synching Money, files, AvantGo, sometimes others. My Money data would get corrupted about once a week, might have to kill ActiveSync and Outlook multiple times, syncing files was a joke. AvantGo wouldn't work at all. Solved all my problems in one swell foop. The problem was Calligrapher. Once I prevented it from running at startup, everything worked fine.

bdegroodt
06-20-2003, 02:04 AM
My newest one is watching AS trip all over itself trying to sync data from home machine to work machine. I've finally learned to live with the red exclamation point in my tray.

jkabaseball
06-20-2003, 02:08 AM
the only time it EVER disconnects is when the dog gets the cord and tugs, and the time i dropped it off the computer table, and i never have to do a hard reset. :D

maximus
06-20-2003, 02:31 AM
here here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13756)

Kati Compton
06-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Periodically my Axim isn't recognized. So I take it out and put it back in the cradle. If that doesn't work, I soft-reset the Axim and reset my computer and it works. This happens every few weeks.

Mitch D
06-20-2003, 03:03 AM
here here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13756)

Truth be told Maximus it was your post that got me wondering enough about this to start the poll.

doogald
06-20-2003, 03:04 AM
Very rarely these days. Occassionally it'll not recognize.

I was struggling with a problem with AS not syncing Avantgo periodically (error message said something about missing or out of date components). I finally traced it to having both Cadenza mNotes and Pocket Informant running at the same time. Agenda Fusion does not have the same problem, so I've switched to that. (I like PI better but AF is good enough).

Anyway, since then I get consistent good syncs every time.

Jacob
06-20-2003, 03:18 AM
I'll have a problem here and there - nothing very distracting or frustrating though

szamot
06-20-2003, 07:54 AM
ever since I started using IR and ditched the cradle - never once.