View Full Version : Siemens Phone & IPAQ

csterns
06-20-2003, 01:15 AM
I just purchase a Siemens S56 phone with Bluetooth through Cingular. I previously had my IPAQ (3970) set up with my T68i with no problem through AT&T but got disqusted with AT&T coverage and the phone (replaced it 4 times).

I can't find any documentation to set up the IPAQ with the phone nor does Siemens or Cingular have any clues. Does anybody out there have any ideas how to set this up? Thanks in advance.

`helios
06-20-2003, 03:01 AM
You could probably repeat the pairing process with your new phone. If you do a google search for "t68i,ipaq" you'll come across a guide for setting up the t68i with the ipaq. Obviously the screens will be a little different, but from what I understand, Bluetooth is Bluetooth, and a new device shouldn't really change much.

csterns
06-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Thanks, I've done that and no success.

TopDog
06-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Did you enable GPRS and bluetooth on the Siemens? And made it searchable? Did the iPaq find it at all? Did you get the bond in place? Any error messages? Does the phone react at all?

You have to give more details! The setup is pretty much the same an every phone, I've set up the S55 (European model) several times, worked like a charm!

You also should delete the old bond with the T68i.

csterns
06-20-2003, 05:04 PM
GPRS and Bluetooth is enables on both devices. I deleted any other bonding and rebonded the Siemens. Both devices recognize each other. The problem I am having is where with the T681 instructions under the GPRS settings for phone number, the instructions call for entering *99# which I did just which worked with the T681 and AT&T. With the Siemens and Cingular it doesn't.

I called Cingular and its like Duh! with them and I get a different anwser. They gave me an two different 10 digit numbers that don't go anywhere and then a string of "a97h32" that doesn't work either. The IPAP does attempt to call out on the Siemens but it ends because it is not connecting.

I've called Siemens and they tell me to call Cingular. When I press Cingular they tell me to call Siemens. One call to Cingular told me to go to their web page, click on developers forum and sign up under the alliance as if I am going to develop something for them.

I've established a connection with my Jabra BT headset and my IPAQ is attempting to connect with the Siemens phone it's just the connection settings. Got any ideas?

TopDog
06-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Hate to say this... but you have to talk to Cingular again.

On the Siemens there is no indication of a GPRS-connection before you are connected, then you have a small arrow next to the GPRS-ikon.

But when you've got a bond up and the iPaq tries to call, it's your dial settings that are wrong. I don't know anything about US providers, but here in Norway all providers are well known with GPRS and the settings you need... but then we only got two of them ;-)

csterns
06-21-2003, 04:45 AM
Thanks. I actually went to Cingular and spent over three hours with their tech guy who had all the settings and we still could not get it to work. It tried but acted as though there was just one more thing to do before it authenticate. We set up the T681 just to verify it was connecting and it worked. It's the Siemens phone so I will try to get further up the ladder to someone who can fix the problem. So for a fix, if I have to, I will carry the T68i around, pull the SIM Card out of the Siemens and use the T68i.

Again, thanks for the assistance.