View Full Version : How is TomTom?

ikesler
06-19-2003, 05:53 PM
I am curious as to how TomTom is working for people that have it?
I am thinking about jumping from my Pocket Co-Pilot to TomTom as the European version is supposed to be great.......... anybody?

Mark R Penn
06-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Hello Ian!!!

I use the UK version, and it's absolutely fantastic. They've just released an update over here that includes some of the features developed for you Yanks, and it works a treat.

The only negative I would give is that they have grown a little too quickly as a company. When I first started using their products, their support response was nearly as good as Alex', but since Navigator took off in a big way, it's become difficult to get replies to e-mails at all. However, I do think this is a temporary glitch, and anyway in my experience there is little need for support, as it "does what it says on the tin!".

Of course any GPS is only as good as the map data it's based on. Here they use Teleatlas, and it's pretty good, but I don't know about the States. You really need some opinions from US users.

Mark

ikesler
06-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the reply...........
I have heard those exact same comments on a couple of differnet boards.........
And I would love to hear from a couple of the US beta testers or people that have it already...........
How are the maps in the US is the question most are asking on the boards.......