View Full Version : Syncing Multiple Email Folders with Outlook ????

garyvrck
06-19-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm a current Palm owner, considering purchasing a PocketPC based PDA and am unclear about its ability to sync with multiple Outlook email folders. I understand that I can select which folders to sync with and how many days to sync on them. However I've still got some questions... :?

1. Is there any limit to the number of Email Folders I can sync up?
2. For everything other than the Inbox/SentItems/Deleted folders I only need to move data from the PDA to the PC. I suspect I'd run out of memory quickly if I had the other folders copying data from the PC to the PDA too. Is there any way to only have the data for those folders going from the PDA to the PC?

I'd like to know if the following work flow is possible:
-- On PC I have many different folders.
-- I want the PDA to have those folder names on it.
-- When I sync, I want the PC Inbox to goto the PDA inbox.
-- On the PDA I will read / move the emails to the other folders.
-- When I sync again, I want the end state of my PC to have all of those messages I read on the PDA marked as Read and moved to the folder I moved it to on the PDA.
-- I don't need the messages in the other PC folders moved to the PDA, only the folders themselves.

Can I do the above summary operations? If so, do I need a specific version of the PocketPC OS? Might one hw model do these operations better than another?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance,
Gary