View Full Version : Engineering Calculator

a_guerere
06-19-2003, 05:41 AM
I really need a calculator like the HP49 to make calculous stuff. I've been researching the web and even found a HP48/49 emulator called Emu48CE, but it has some inconveniences. I wonder it is difficult to find :( . I would really appreciate help. Thanks anyway. :wink:

Gremmie
06-19-2003, 07:24 AM
Try this thread
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13465

Hopefully this will help in your classes which will lead to a higher GPA which will lead to a nice career at PDVSA ;)

a_guerere
06-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks, it will be useful when they release it. I asked them if they can ive me a beta :D . Lets wait for the reply email. And, tempting, but no, i would prefer a non-goverment dependant work 8) . lol

Jimmy Dodd
06-19-2003, 05:03 PM
I use Emu48CE every day. What kind of difficulties have you had with it? Once you get it installed it seems pretty reliable.

a_guerere
06-19-2003, 05:36 PM
In my case it is that in HP49 emulation the move cursor button (up-down-right-left) stays pushed for almost two seconds, and it is impossible to work good. And also I can't connect it through IR with another HP48 or 49. Which version are you using? Thanks.

Jimmy Dodd
06-19-2003, 06:52 PM
In my case it is that in HP49 emulation the move cursor button (up-down-right-left) stays pushed for almost two seconds, and it is impossible to work good. And also I can't connect it through IR with another HP48 or 49. Which version are you using? Thanks.

I'm using ROM version 48G on Emu48CE. I've not tried to use the IR to connect to another HP device, so I can't comment on that part. I don't have any problem with the cursor buttons. Have you gone into File|Setting and adjusted the "Authentic Calculator Speed" and "Delay Key Up" settings? The "Delay Key Up" mode is really annoying to me.

BTW, I'm running on a Toshiba e740. I don't know if that's a factor or not.