View Full Version : Default selected color - can this be changed

V354U
06-18-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi!

I have a ViewSonic V35 pocket pc. I installed a theme I made and I have a question. Can the selected color (like on the start menu, or when you select a file) be changed from blue to another color?

Thanks!

Kati Compton
06-18-2003, 05:12 PM
I have a ViewSonic V35 pocket pc. I installed a theme I made and I have a question. Can the selected color (like on the start menu, or when you select a file) be changed from blue to another color?

Yes. You can download a Theme maker (such as the free Theme Generator (http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/downloads/default.asp) from Microsoft), and load that theme into it (these are desktop programs btw). Change what you like, re-save it, and upload it back to the PPC.

V354U
06-18-2003, 06:23 PM
This option is not available in Microsoft's Theme Generator. It dosen't show up in the list. Can third-party programs change it?

davidspalding
06-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Search on CETuner -- oh nevermind, here it is, www.penreader.com. It can change the color of selected menu item text, and background color. Hope that's what you're looking for....

thomas1973
06-18-2003, 07:30 PM
I know there's a freeware program that does this as well, for the life of me I can't remember the name. Try browsing through www.pocketpcfreewares.com

Thomas.

Kati Compton
06-18-2003, 07:49 PM
This option is not available in Microsoft's Theme Generator. It dosen't show up in the list. Can third-party programs change it?
Oh, sorry - I misunderstood what you were asking.