View Full Version : Airscanner Mobile Sniffer on Toshiba E755

prismejon
06-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to use the Airscanner Mobile Sniffer (http://www.airscanner.com) with my Toshiba E755. But when I'm asked to select a driver I don't know which one I should chose. I tried all of them, but still get error messages. Any ideas??

Thanks!

flux2k
06-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Well on the e740 you choose the EC2NDS1 (the last one). It might be the same on your 755. You may have to do a soft reset before running the program to get it working correctly though.

Stephen Beesley
06-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Straight from the AirScanner Manual:

If it works fine with the Toshiba e740 series, why not the e750?
Our sniffer should actually work with any adapter, since ours is just an ethernet sniffer with no inherent WiFi capability, unlike programs like etstumbler or pocket warrior (to which we have contributed free source code). We currently have tens of thousands of users of our sniffer, but only a handful of driver conflicts. However, sometimes your hardware device manufacturer unintentionally "breaks" the functionality of its WiFi adapter for 3rd party programs. A good example of this is the IPAQ 5450 series, which is the sister device of the Toshiba. Finally, someone figured out a special registry hack to fix the functionality that HP "broke" in their PDA.

HP has also started to fix their hardware problem in later ROM updates. The Toshiba e740 adapter works perfectly, so presumably there is a problem (or limitation) with the newer driver for e750 that prevents it from working with certain 3rd party programs. We have notified Toshiba of the issue. Make sure to try a soft reset first, and make sure to disable other WiFi programs. If it still doesn't work, your best bet is to wait for a working driver or ROM update from HP or Toshiba

Goldtee