View Full Version : Casiopeia EM-500 USB and ActiveSync problems

ArthurBorsboom
06-17-2003, 01:01 AM
I have a Casiopeia (EM-500) Pocket PC. I use ActiveSync 3.7 from Microsoft to synchronise the data. ActiveSync works fine when I use the serial com-port.

But, and this is where the problem comes, when I use the USB to synchronise I get the following situation. If ActiveSync is not looking at the USB port, Windows XP recognizes the Pocket PC correctly in the Device Manager as ‘Casio Sync USB 2002’. But when ActiveSync does look at the USB port to connect or has been configured to constantly watch the USB port, then an exclamation mark appears in the Device Manager. The error code in the device manager is 43, which means that something went wrong with the driver (very vague, thanks Microsoft).

When I try this Pocket PC with cradle on a different PC I get the same thing. Does anybody know how to resolve this problem? Any hints?

I’ve already checked a lot of things on the forums, like resetting the Pocket PC and the desktop, uninstalling and installing ActiveSync, trying different order of install.

Remember, the Pocket PC is recognized correctly when ActiveSync is not reading the USB port and that ActiveSync works correctly on the COM-port.

Help please, I’m getting frustrated after all these days!