View Full Version : 5 in 1 game pack from XI-Art...cool and addictive

rberry88
06-16-2003, 06:27 PM
I have been purchasing various software from Handango for my Palm and PocketPC for some time now and noticed I had racked up quite a few reward points in the process. Well, this weekend I wanted some new "fun" software to play around with so I cashed in 5000 of my reward points for a $50 Handango certificate and came across this game pack of 5 games offered by http://www.xi-art.com/xiart/xiIndex.jsp (XI-Art) that seemed fun. Well I went ahead and purchased it for $44.95 and installed all 5 games onto my SD card and started playing. Before I knew two hours had gone by and I was still playing the first game I was checking out of the 5. The three main games that I find most addictive and challenging are Towers, Pick 11, and Zoo PiP. Recently I had been playing mostly Pocket Everquest, Hexacto Tennis and Hexacto Majhong (sp?) to get my fill of addictive and fun gameplay but now there are new entries into this list for me. You can also purchase these games separately or in other packs of 2-3 games each for lower prices at Handango.

Towers- solitaire variant card game of high-low.

Pick 11 tile game where the tiles are numbered from 1-10 and you must select the tiles that equal 11 to clear them from the board before the timer runs out.

Zoo PiP - a 21 variant card game. You get 4 columns to disperse cards into and one throwaway pile. You need to disperse the cards into the columns so that they add up to exactly 21 so the column can be cleared and used again. If you go over 21 (bust) then the column becomes unusable. You can throw away up to 3 cards. Game ends when you've busted in all 4 columns, sounds easy but is very challenging.

Wonderball - A tetris clone using balls differentiated with colors and numbers. There are columns that the balls fall into and you need to match 3 colors in a line to match those balls but if you match colors and numbers on the balls (numbered from 1-4) you get insane bonus points. This game gets kind of hectic and confusing trying to line up colors and numbers but after a few tries it is pretty fun.

Cattery - A Pipes clone. Plain and simple, if you have played Pipes then this is pretty much the same with a curveball thrown in. You need to manipulate the pipes to allow the electricity to flow into the lightbulbs but you need to be careful because there are cats (yes kittens) that are tossed in to some of the paths. The object is to light all of the light bulbs without harming the cats.

Each game records your name and high score. The games all played flawlessly on my HP5455 run from my SD storage card.

Overall I would give the game pack a 5 out of 5.

rberry88 0X