View Full Version : Contacts - Telephone number display

Pencils
06-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Hi:
In my Outlook contacts list on my PC i use the phone number field "primary" for the main number to be used when calling someone. The contacts list on my Jornada 548, Win CE 3.0, doesn't have the field "primary". Is there anyway to add this?
Thanks,
P

davidspalding
06-17-2003, 03:43 PM
I'll be damned. :roll: Apparently ActiveStink only stores the supported fields into the PPC database. You've found a field that the PPC doesn't store (at least, our PPC2000 units).

Can't give you an answer, but if you want to change them all over to a supported field, I'd suggest exporting your contacts to an Excel sheet, editing the Excel sheet (cut numbers from "primary" and paste to "Business1"), then importing them into a new contact folder. When you're satisified that you haven't lost anything, overwrite the old ones.

I've done stuff like this by export/import to/from CSV comma-delimited list. It's not hard to figure out the names of the columns that MS Outhouse uses. I created a company contact list that had the standardized fields for every employee.