View Full Version : Question regarding tmobile gprs

nirav28
06-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,

Got a questions. I just recently signed up for the unlimited gprs plan through t-mobile ($19.99).

Currently I have my nokia 3650 set to internet3.myvoicestream.com as my default APN. Because I'm a app developre, so I require a lot of non-http connections. Will I get charged extra for using this APN? I know internet3 is mostly for VPN connection/business users. But it also allows any kind of traffic to be sent out. So I fits my need.

Internet2 has a lot of problems connecting through any other ports except for HTTP.

Also, does any one know of a non-nat'd APN that tmobile might have? Currently tmobile assigned nat'd 10.x.x.x ips..so for any remote application to initiate a connection is impossible.

If anyone can help me with this...I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Nirav

umichboy
06-16-2003, 06:47 PM
The charge for internet3 and internet2 are the same. They won't charge you any extra for the features. I can't help you other than that though, sorry.

Janak Parekh
06-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Also, does any one know of a non-nat'd APN that tmobile might have? Currently tmobile assigned nat'd 10.x.x.x ips..so for any remote application to initiate a connection is impossible.
Apart from what umichboy said, internet3 isn't NATted -- at least in New York, it isn't. I just connected, and the IP address I've gotten is "216.155.170.175". (I disconnected just before I posted this, so I don't get DoSed or something. ;)) Seeing as how several VPN tunneling protocols don't work well with NAT systems (without special handling, at least), I'd expect this behavior to be the case throughout the US.

--janak

nirav28
06-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Apart from what umichboy said, internet3 isn't NATted -- at least in New York, it isn't. I just connected, and the IP address I've gotten is "216.155.170.175". (I disconnected just before I posted this, so I don't get DoSed or something. ;)) Seeing as how several VPN tunneling protocols don't work well with NAT systems (without special handling, at least), I'd expect this behavior to be the case throughout the US.

--janak

Thanks Janak, Maybe I'll have to call Tmobile and find out why i keep getting a internet nat'd ip when i'm on APN internet3. Hmm, wish they would have a option for static ip's. Heck i'd pay a few dolllars extra a month for a static ip. Imagine that..my phone would have its own hostname and ip. :D