View Full Version : Unable to locate Bluetooth radio on my IPAQ3870

Phronetix
06-15-2003, 06:16 PM
:cry:

Hello to everyone at this forum. My name is Phronetix, aka Dennis. I live in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.

I'm currently using a borrowed 3870, and have a 2215 set to ship on the 23rd. :lol:

My problem: i can no longer find my bluetooth radio. The icon no longer pops up at the bottom right of the today screen, and the manager tells me that the Bluetooth functionality is turned off. The asset viewer tells me that the radio is indeed present.

Sigh, I can't even experience the stack error like everyone else complains about.

Has anyone experienced this before? Can I download some software to gain access to the radio function?

Phro

dhettel
06-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Well what have you tried? Have you done the simple soft reset, not that I think it will work, but it's worth a shot.

After that would be a hard reset. That should get the icon back, then you'll need to reinstall your software, not restore. If the hard reset fails, then you'll need to reinstall the latest ROM. Bluetooth software for the 3870 is in the ROM.

David

Phronetix
06-16-2003, 12:36 AM
:silly:

Well, I think the ROM issue is it, then. I had my ROM copied over from a different machine, in order to get some specific software onto it.

How can I check my ROM contents, or will it be obvious?

Sigh, and I'd just mastered the palm OS when I switched. :wink:

Dennis

dhettel
06-16-2003, 01:32 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what you are saying. The quickest way is to do a soft reset, ( press the little button on the bottom of the iPAQ with the stylus, on the first page you should see a number. That will tell you what version you have installed in your machine.

Using that number you can check and see if you have the correct ROM for your machine. When you say you had the ROM copied over. That could mean a lot of things. Simplest would mean you had the registry replaced to load your software. If that is what happen a hard reset will restore your bluetooth, but your special software will not run. It is also possible that you actually had the ROM replaced, with the version from another machine. If this happen, chances are they used the rom from an iPAQ without bluetooth, and you do not have the program in rom.

David

Phronetix
06-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Dave,

My group uses cloned images from a master machine to install software. I know that when mine was reset it had the bluetooth radio on it, but now it does not. Either the ROM was also overwritten (using the Sprite cloning tool) with the master handheld's cloned image, or some of the software I've since installed is interfering with the radio.

Much of this stuff is new to me, so it doesn't surprise me that you're having trouble understanding me. I'm having trouble understanding all of this.

:crazyeyes:

Dennis

Phronetix
06-17-2003, 10:16 PM
After a hard reset the radio icon was back in place.

Phro