View Full Version : Toshiba E350 & Windows Media Player

jonpda
06-14-2003, 10:47 AM
Hello, I'm a newbie in this forum and to the PDA world, I have just purchased a Toshiba E350 and wanted to run windows media player on it, i have downloaded the software onto my pc, but it wont allow me to put it onto my tosh, it just gives an error message

I have downloaded the player from various site including Microsoft

Has anyone got any ideas or had the same problem

Thanks

Jon

portnoy
06-14-2003, 08:51 PM
You are trying to install the right version of it right? Not the Windows version, you want the Pocket PC ARM version.

jonpda
06-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks for replying, i have just tried to download it of Microsoft site, windows media player 7.1 for Pocket pc.

It saves as a file called Wmnall.exe, when i open it it does the usual licence thing then when its about to install comes up with:

The connected device is not supported with this version of media player

surely it should be though?

portnoy
06-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Huh, my Toshiba e335 came with MediaPlayer 8.5 preinstalled. Kind of strange that your e350 does not have it.

Are you sure it isn't already installed? Maybe it's on the cd?

I-Dawg
06-16-2003, 04:12 PM
The Toshiba e350 series and the e750 series which are now running Pocket PC 2003 all come with Windows Media Player v9 built into the rom. Defaulty out of the box, there will be a link to Windows Media at the bottom of the start menu. That can be moved to your Programs folder if you wish.

You're probably getting an error either because there is a newer version installed, or because the e350 is an xScale and media player 7.1 was for ARM and PPC2000 I believe. Either way, you don't need it, you already have it.

Good luck.
--
Ian Kullhem