View Full Version : What are the problems with Sandisk and E310?

Vasant56
06-13-2003, 11:43 PM
I was just wondering what the problems with Sandisk and the E310 were. I have a Sandisk 256mb card (which I picked up today), and it seems to be working perfectly. What problems occur? How important are they? Most importantly do they occur immediately or soon after?

Thank you for your time

JackTheTripper
06-14-2003, 12:01 AM
been using my sandisk 64 for months for listing to music/other things for months on my e310 with no probs

dh
06-14-2003, 03:30 AM
I don't know about the E310, but there are certainly problems with Sandisk SD cards (and others to some extent) with the Axim.

Copying large files to the card while it is in the Axim causes it to get corrupted. Mine had worked fine until I tried to put a bunch of maps from Pocket Street on my card.

After reformating the card I now only write large files from my card reader and everything has been fine since.

I also keep really large files, such as movies, exclusively on my CF card which works flawlessly.

Hopefully you will not come across any problems.

tanalasta
10-22-2003, 09:56 AM
There has allegedly been a problem with some Sandisk cards having a couple of errors in them. Hence they sometimes freeze or fail to work properly... My advice would be either: buy a panasonic card or invest in a trial version of storage tools so you can flash format/analyze any new card you buy :) and return it if its faulty.
Hope that helps!

Blargman2001
10-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Yeah, there have been reports of sandisk 256mb SD cards not working properly in the e740 and e310 (I think mine even came with a little card from Toshiba saying that it won't work with 256mb sandisk sd cards, I don't remember). Nevertheless the reports say that it'll work for now but a very large proportion of people start getting data corruption after a few weeks. It works fine with any other non-256mb Sandisk SD as will it be fine using most other brands of 256mb SD card.