View Full Version : So the webboard is not PPC friendly

William Yeung
06-11-2003, 04:16 PM
I am posting now using my iPAQ on WiFi... this board really look s**t! Any plan to make it PPC Certified? :p

M@
06-11-2003, 04:34 PM
A Pocket PC website not compatable with pocket PCs hehe

Pat Logsdon
06-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12422).

And FYI - it's VERY difficult to make a forum work in a mobile format, because they're all built from the ground up for desktop monitors and resolutions. That being the case, I can't think of a single forum that looks good in anything but Thunderhawk.

What Fabrizio, Chris and Jason have done so far is amazing. And hopefully coming SOON! :wink:

dcharles18
06-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Boston PocketPC.com has nice mobile forums. So does PDA Avenue, unfortunately, PDA Ave's are read only at the present time.

maximus
06-12-2003, 02:08 AM
unfortunately, PDA Ave's are read only at the present time.

Perhaps they dont know how to convert user's posts into 'mobile' shape ? :wink:

dcharles18
06-12-2003, 03:01 AM

It's being worked on, slowly but surely . . .

Janak Parekh
06-12-2003, 04:49 AM
Nope, that's actually all done and in private beta test amongst the team. However, the mobile forums are being integrated into a package of cool features, and Fabrizio's tying it all into a major, very cool upgrade -- but it's gotten a lot more complicated to set up than you might initially think. Let me put it this way: I was in an IM conversation between Jason and Fabrizio a month ago about design decisions, and my head was spinning. These guys are hard-core perfectionists and really want to deliver the best product possible.

Oh, and don't worry -- we ping Jason and Fabrizio about it every so often, so they haven't forgotten. :lol:

--janak