View Full Version : BioSwipe issue with the new ROM

pepemosca
06-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Does anyone realize that you cannot set the time for password asking (Prompt if device unused for) to a time bigger than 2 hours?

I mean, you can choose even 24 hours, but but you enter again to the "Password settings", you can see that the time has change from 24hours to 1hour.

Does anyone notice this issue?

the_rapture
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
I have an upgraded ROM and my BIOswipe comes up in about 30 secs every time I turn it off, even if I have it set to a different time. It's getting to be pain. Does anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks

ApoeItoe
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Does anyone realize that you cannot set the time for password asking (Prompt if device unused for) to a time bigger than 2 hours?

I mean, you can choose even 24 hours, but but you enter again to the "Password settings", you can see that the time has change from 24hours to 1hour.

Does anyone notice this issue?

I'm experiencing the same problems. I was playing around with the bioswipe settings the other day and caught my attention that changing the timeout to a setting of more then 2 hours was impossible.
I haven't preformed any rom updates and my 5550 is just 3 weeks old.
At first I thought the problem was lying in the fact that I was using spb pocket plus and that the [X] feature was in the way (ie: not saving my changes when the (OK) button was pressed) but that wasn't the case.
I posted a message on a dutch forum (www.pocketpc-club.nl) but there was nobody who could confirm having the same problems.

My ROM version is 1.00.10 ENG and the Product revision level is 4.0
The only update that I have installed is the WiFi update released by HP.

ale_ers
09-30-2003, 10:22 PM
I have the problem where no matter what time I set it to ask for a swipe (90 min., 2hrs.) it asks for it after about 5 min. This is really anoying

daverph
10-30-2003, 05:58 AM
The latest HP rom update (SP25463) was supposed to fix this:
"'Fingerprint Software Version 3.7:
Fixes the 12 and 24 hours option where it could not be selected in the “Prompt if device unused for” field under Password."

With the update, I can now set the time to 12 or 24 hrs, the change shows in the registry, but I don't get that much time still. Anyone else still having this problem?

ApoeItoe
10-30-2003, 07:02 AM
With the update, I can now set the time to 12 or 24 hrs, the change shows in the registry, but I don't get that much time still. Anyone else still having this problem?

Yup and it got worse after I applied the update :-(

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 11:45 AM
I bought a toshiba and have the same problem, I thought maybe it was just me not knowing how to do it, but evidently it is the software.
I would tap in for around 2 hours and it doesnt even ask for any passcode at all.

At first I thought the problem was lying in the fact that I was using spb pocket plus and that the [X] feature was in the way (ie: not saving my changes when the (OK) button was pressed) but that wasn't the case.

I have spb pocket plus and was thinking the same thing. I dont know what it could be, I have worked at it a bit but havent come to an answer as of yet. maybe email these guys.

Takuo
10-31-2003, 12:01 AM
Hi,can "5450" use this rom(SP25463)?

The latest HP rom update (SP25463) was supposed to fix this:
"'Fingerprint Software Version 3.7:
Fixes the 12 and 24 hours option where it could not be selected in the “Prompt if device unused for” field under Password."