View Full Version : Yahoo Messenger on XDA - Orange UK

rustek
06-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know how to get Yahoo messenger to connect? I can get the buddy list up but it refuses to connect for IM-ing.
I am told that it will work if I enter the proxy settings. I have tried entering the Orange DNS settings (if that's what they men) into the Yahoo Messenger connections window, but still no luck. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

0X

Cortex
06-12-2003, 01:40 AM
in the u.s. t-mobile has a proxy server that you specify under "connection settings" -- not within yahoo messenger but for the device itself.

setting this up has been discussed in the past...

> HERE < (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7132&highlight=proxy+settings)

once you connect to the internet using the proxy THEN start yahoo! messenger without setting any of its internal configuration settings and it will magically connect.

but i have no idea if there is a proxy for orange... you can call them to find out.

urologyhealth
06-13-2003, 12:50 AM
I have a Siemens SX56 thru ATT. How and where do you get Yahoo Messenger downloaded to it to try and see if it works with their proxy server?

Thank you

Cortex
06-13-2003, 05:50 AM
I have a Siemens SX56 thru ATT. How and where do you get Yahoo Messenger downloaded to it to try and see if it works with their proxy server?

Thank you

Follow the link I posted above and within that discussion I link to a different discussion that has the link to messenger (its easier than it sounds -- really). Alternatively you can search Google for "Yahoo Messenger Windows CE" and you'll probably get it.

Cortex
06-13-2003, 05:52 AM

Thank you

Follow the link I posted above and within that discussion I link to a different discussion that has the link to messenger (its easier than it sounds -- really). Alternatively you can search Google for "Yahoo Messenger Windows CE" and you'll probably get it.

urologyhealth
06-13-2003, 08:11 PM
The link I located is for yahoo messenger, but not for PPC2002??

It says application not possible on my device when I tried to install it.

Thank you

rustek
06-14-2003, 12:04 AM
There is a version on the UK yahoo site that works. (dependent on the proxy settings of course)

visit www.yahoo.co.uk then click the meesnger link. It will show various platforms on the left.

Choose the win ce/pocket PC one then of the 2 download options select PPC not Win CE

Good luck

urologyhealth
06-14-2003, 12:08 AM
I don't see win CE on left side of page?

rustek
06-15-2003, 12:45 AM
It appears that Yahoo.co.uk have changed their page.
I wonder if they are preparing an update.

Sorry.

jemichael
11-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Is this still working today? Why does Yahoo make it so hard to connect??