View Full Version : Tosh 740 pains

choddo
06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm new to this forum, finding my way here via Google, and it seems to be populated with pretty knowledgeable people, so I pray someone can help me...

I've had my 740 for a while. and only just got round to trying to use the built-in WiFi connection in anger today...

The problems I'm having are across so many different areas it's hard to know where to start;

1. If I try to enable DHCP which works fine for my laptop, I get a weird 169. address and nothing works. If I manually set it to an address on my LAN then everything seems ok.
2. The "Network card Connects to" box never seems to remember what you tell it. Why does it even exist? I don't care if its work or the internet, it's all the same to me, and I want to be able to sync and browse without having to go in & change anything.
3. The battery on the Tosh runs down after about 3 hours of intermittent use. This seems very short.
4. I've got a Lotus Notes sync product installed that can do an autosync on connect. Since I can't establish a "connection" through the network but rather just initiate a temporary sync from the PDA, I switched that on and it fires up but by the time it has started to sync records, the PDA has already dropped the connection used to sync AvantGo etc. :roll:

Any advice on these areas or where to look for a backgrounder on "Why PocketPC's network config is a pain in the **** spread across 5 settings areas" would be most appreciated

Thanks
Chods