View Full Version : Z-com 815 WiFi card

Stephen Beesley
06-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi all - I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Z-com Xi 815 CF WiFi card to complement my Jornada 568.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this card?

Goldtee

P.S. when I say eagerly you had better believe it. I ordered the damn thing almost three weeks ago and when it turned up last week it was the wrong card (a XI 800)!

Stephen Beesley
06-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Ahhhh. Now that my card has arrived I see that it is the same card that is also resold as a Sandisk, a Netgear MA 701 and as a D-link card. This is it in Z-com branding. Mine is the same but without the Z-com sticker on the front.

http://www.computex.com.tw/pix/product/09130/09130b7.jpg

No complaints with performance so far. It seems to be working well with my HP 568. Range seems to be better than my Bosses Ipag 5450 and the battery drain seems to be bearable though I am still not sure of exactly how long it would last.... maybe two hours?

The only downside is the driver utility. It works okay,but is a bit basic and does not have an option to tell you all the available APs. I tried to load the utility for the MA 701 card on my Jornada (as they are the same card after all), but no joy it would not recognise the card. The other bummer is that neither mini stumbler or pocket WiNc seem to work with it.

Does anybody know of a similiar utility that might work?

Goldtee