View Full Version : headphone/microphone for e750

victore
06-08-2003, 07:16 AM
the headphone jack on my e750 also doubles as a mic, but i haven't seen any "toshiba approved" accessories that take advantage of this. i've seen pc headphones w/mics, but those have two separate plugs. are there headsets (kinda like cellphone hands free kits) that will work on the e750?

victore
06-12-2003, 10:14 PM
found some! http://www.plantronics.com/ipaq

newst
06-13-2003, 11:59 AM
One question that I couldn't find an answer at the website. Do these headsets have a 2.5mm end connector-like most mobile phones, or a 3.5mm end connector-like the E-750?

SN

Vasant56
06-14-2003, 02:32 AM
Although I haven't tried it on a PPC, I have with various other headphone thingys:

Take a set of buds, plug the plug into the jack. Start recording and talk into the buds. One end should act like a mic (It's actually worked!)

spursdude
06-14-2003, 03:24 AM
Although I haven't tried it on a PPC, I have with various other headphone thingys:

Take a set of buds, plug the plug into the jack. Start recording and talk into the buds. One end should act like a mic (It's actually worked!)
Dude that's totally awesome!! It worked, but not too well on my pair of earbuds. But on my larger set of headphones, with a cushion area so I could focus the noise into the internal mic, it made a pretty good quality recording! It seems to be the left side... but wow! 8O

Wingnut
06-16-2003, 03:50 PM
You guys should be careful about doing that. The membrane that makes up the speaker isn't meant to be actuated by sound, rather it is meant to be actuated by its tiny magnet. If you keep doing it, you can damage your headphones.

ipaqgeek
06-18-2003, 06:46 PM
The membrane that makes up the speaker isn't meant to be actuated by sound, rather it is meant to be actuated by its tiny magnet. If you keep doing it, you can damage your headphones.

I doubt it. Sound volume is inversely proportional to distance to the sound source. Thus, the loudest sound those speakers will ever experience will come from themselves. You can yell as loud as you can into your headphones, and the membrane will experience much less stress than when playing anything at normal volume levels.

ipaqgeek
06-18-2003, 06:50 PM
on another note, it's a shame it doesn't record in stereo. With an MP3 recording program it would make Mp3 conversion a snap.

victore
06-20-2003, 03:33 PM
the ipaq headphones have the 3.5mm ends. they work great for voip apps like telesym.