View Full Version : Activesync 3.7 <-> DDE errors while cradled and Outlook open?

davidspalding
06-06-2003, 03:53 PM
I've uninstalled 3.7 and reverted to 3.6 to check a problem. Interested if anyone has had this problem.

When the PDA is cradled, and Outlook 2000 is open (as it always is, with the PDA cradled, even in the background), some DDE functions won't work. Specifically, double-clicking a .TXT file anywhere on the desktop starts the launch, but it hangs ... until the PDA is removed, and Outlook is closed. Seems like Outlook hangs these DDE calls. (Actually, my TXT files do not open with complex DDE, just g:\pfe32\pfe32.exe "%1".)

Again, I'm now on 3.6 to see if this is a 3.7 problem. Anyone else seen errors in the Windows OS while AS is active?

hiroProtagonist
06-07-2003, 08:17 AM
lately (I think it started about when I installed AS 3.7) when my computer goes to sleep, it won't wake up. Could be AS, but just as likely it's a desperate cry for help from a dying pentium III :lol:

tmulli
06-07-2003, 04:57 PM
I have also had problems after upgrading to 3.7, though not the smae as you have been having. I am now the lucky recipeint of intermittent connection errors between AS and my iPAQ. Don't know how I managed to get back to syncing, just kept un-installing AS, reverting to older version, upgrading back to 3.7, tweaking settings, partnerships, programs - the list goes on and on...All-in-all, spent a good three days of my time focused on this issue. Apparently the constant attention I give my iPaq throught the day is no longer enough :?.

I was running along fine with 3.6. Very stable setup. Don't know what possesed me to upgrade. Maybe just hearing that word "upgrade"... It's like subliminal messaging "do it now, you know you want to..."

TopDog
06-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Haven't had any problems with ActiveSync since 3.1...