View Full Version : 17 days to PPC2003 release

WillyG
06-06-2003, 12:31 PM
Based on yesterdays poll, i guess we can assume Microsoft is on collision course with its users regarding the "smart minimize" function and the way the OS handles multitasking.
Lets lalk about our expectations concerning another controversial element in the Pocket PC OS: (see poll)

TopDog
06-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Honestly... I've almost never used Pocket Word. But from the little experiense I have from it, it should be called Pocket WordPad and save the files as .rtf

I simply don't quite see the point in having a complete Word on a PDA? making some simple Excel-sheets and taking notes is as far as I go without using a LapTop instead.

Mostly I use the PPC for calendar/tasks/email/eBooks/IM/games/Mp3 and as I said, simple Excel-sheets on the go and taking notes. I would rather see more power to the Pocket Excel than Pocket Word!

delfuhd
06-06-2003, 04:14 PM
I use pocket word all the time, I have more documents in there than probable notes and excel combined.. I don't have too many problems with it, though, the only thing (for me) probably would be how long it takes to open documents..