View Full Version : Orange SPV and bluetooth

rzanology
06-02-2003, 11:27 AM
I'm thinking about upgrading from my t68i to the spv, but I'm a heavy bluetooth user. I MUST be able to use my bluetooth headset, can the spv support those SD bluetooth cards? If not does anyone know of any other smartphone using pocket pc 2002 that will be coming out this summer or earlier?

dMores
06-02-2003, 03:49 PM
err, do you mean pocketpc2002 or smartphone2002 ?

the spv doesn't have bluetooth, a.f.a.i.k., and it currently does not support bluetooth sd cards either. but i've read about a smartphone 2002 update that includes bluetooth drivers, might have been smartphone2003.

anyways, there would also be problems with an sd card and a bluetooth headset. since the data would first go to the OS, then to the phone, it could be that there would be a very long delay, making speech almost impossible. but again, this is what i've picked up all over the web.

the only other smartphone 2002 operated phone that's due out is the mitac 8380

http://www.microsoftmobilitypress.com//media/8F59AFBC97D441B582807FFBC2E5D13E.jpg i think it'll have all we want, including bluetooth.
unfortunately, it's a foldable phone which i just don't like.

rzanology
06-03-2003, 04:16 AM
i've had my eyes on the phone for some time now, but the thing is...will it be released in the us??? if it isnt is there some kind of site i can get it from?