View Full Version : tAgenda v1.1 released

Dave Beauvais
06-02-2003, 04:01 AM
Just noticed that version 1.1 of tAgenda (http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/kohgo/index_en.html), the Today screen plug-in that was discussed in this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12923) recently, was released today. No official list on the site of what's changed, but here are the improvements and additions I noticed: The ability to turn off the transparent background (Maybe useful if you have a particularly "busy" theme, but I'd never use it.) Some settings have been moved to their own tabs -- appointments, for example Improvements in the way tasks are displayed. Showing the unread mail count in the header. ClearType support :!: which is very useful if you adjust the font to a small size. This can be toggled on or off for each segment of the plug-in. I wish Microsoft would add ClearType to the rest of the Today screen. (Although the more things tAgenda adds, the fewer built-in Today apps I need to use. :)) The ability to customize the colors of every on-screen elementLooks great to me!

--Dave

spursdude
06-02-2003, 04:12 AM
Dave - does it now allow tasks to be displayed even if they have no due date?

Dave Beauvais
06-02-2003, 04:39 AM
No, it doesn't appear to. :(

--Dave

Crystal Eitle
06-02-2003, 04:41 AM
Thanks for posting this - I really like tAgenda!

(p.s. - that slowdown problem I was having went away. Gremlins.)

spursdude
06-02-2003, 04:46 AM
No, it doesn't appear to. :(

--Dave
Oh well, thanks. Still Tasks+ for me.

algester
06-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Have always been a great fan of tAgenda. For me it has always been one of the better apps.

However it does not want to co-exist on my new e740 with BT running version 3.0 Bluetooth stack. No amount of soft resetting makes it work. The e740 is flashed to .23

The error occurs everytime I turn on the e740 with message saying 'An error occurred with the Bluetooth Card. Confirm that the card is working properly'. And does not matter if the BT switch is on or off.

Uninstalling tAgenda gets everything working again. So unless someone has a solution, I need to decide which I want, BT or tAgenda - at this stage its BT as I really like the auto sync functionality that happens when I turn on the e740 when I'm near my PC.

Also tried Calendar+ and similiar problem.

sracer
06-03-2003, 01:24 AM
If you're having a problem with both Calendar+ and tAgenda, then I'd say it has to do with the BT support more than an issue with either of those plug-ins. Is there any settings in BT configuration that attempts to "automatically sync if Activesync is found on the network"?

On the surface it sounds like both BT support and the plug-ins are fighting over access to the calendar.

CTSLICK
06-03-2003, 02:41 AM
Rats! I was really hoping they would offer some basic task sorting. Am I missing this somewhere?

ikesler
06-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Is it me.......... or does this version have a lot of trouble refreshing? I feel like every other time I go to my today screen the tAgenda block is blank.........?

Dave Beauvais
06-03-2003, 06:36 PM
I think it's just you. ;)

Seriously, though, I haven't had that problem. I do notice that it sometimes takes up to five seconds or so before a new appointment or task shows up in the list, but it does eventually show up.

--Dave

Paulus
06-03-2003, 11:35 PM
I have tried tAgenda 0.8 on my Compaq iPAQ 3870 but it slowed my pocketpc. Now I tried tAgenda 1.1 but that version also makes my pocketpc very slow. Does somebody know the cause of that?

What can I do about it? Will an XScale processor PX255 at 400Mhz make a difference?

With slow I mean that switching between programs and my today is going very slow. It takes 5s to load my today screen and sometimes even more...

dcharles18
06-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Is it me.......... or does this version have a lot of trouble refreshing? I feel like every other time I go to my today screen the tAgenda block is blank.........?

I've actually had that problem with both the old and the new versions. Tapping 'Today' under the start menu brings it back up though.

mvirata
06-05-2003, 01:40 PM
I've been having trouble getting tAgenda to automatically change to the next day as the most current when the previous day has passed. Right now it shows the 4th as the current date when it's the 5th. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? This happened I think the two previous days I've used the program but would seem to fix itself after a soft-reset, the soft-reset doesn't fix it now. I'm using a Toshiba e740 Wi-Fi with Rom 23, perhaps other Toshiba owners are experiencing this?

Thanks,
Marc

drop
06-05-2003, 02:54 PM
I have the same experience. tAgenda slows everything down. I like the look of tAgenda better but I go back to Calendar+. It doesn't slow everything down as much.