View Full Version : PocketPCMinds For Sale?

Jason Dunn
06-02-2003, 12:47 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcminds.com/homeindex.php' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcminds.com/homeindex.php</a><br /><br /></div>"I don't feel very comfortable with this post but it looks like PocketPCMinds is heading that way. It's been nearly three years since I started this site and although it's been (and still is) my pleasure to maintain it, I believe that it's time to do something else. Pocket PCs are evolving very fast and unfortunately I don't have the time to contribute to the site anymore due to my day-job. Therefore I decided to sell the site.<br /><br />Why sell it? Some of you might think that it's a shame to erase a site with a content of three years. So there might be a possibility that someone could consider continuing and probably evolving my work. I haven't given much thought to the price so if anyone is interested I'd be very happy to hear your offers."<br /><br />It's a shame PocketPCMinds might be going away - it's one of the few Pocket PC news sites I check out regularly, because they always seemed to find interesting bits that we missed. If you've always wanted to run your own Web site, hey, you can buy this one. :wink:

mclaughlinc
06-02-2003, 12:59 AM
That site will not be going away. I should be completing the purchase this week. I will also be putting the call out for people who want to help review products and contribute to the site.

I hope I can count on the support of Pocket PC Thoughts and it's visitors to help grow Pocket PC Minds.com

Jason Dunn
06-02-2003, 01:01 AM
That site will not be going away. I should be completing the purchase this week. I will also be putting the call out for people who wnat to help review products and contribute to the site.

Great to hear! :way to go:

Newsboy
06-02-2003, 04:47 AM
"What are we going to do tonight Jason?"

"The same thing we do every night Arne, try to take over the the Pocket PC world!" :twisted:

Kaber
06-02-2003, 05:23 AM
Glad to see it sticking around. A fine site. A damn fine site.

NLS
06-02-2003, 06:45 AM
Panagiotis seems to be 110% occupied by his regular work, I am 99% occupied by my regular work, but I hope I'll continue contributing to a nice NON-PROFESSIONAL (at least up to now) PocketPC (and recently gadget) oriented site.

mclaughlinc
06-02-2003, 07:03 AM
but I hope I'll continue contributing to a nice NON-PROFESSIONAL (at least up to now) PocketPC (and recently gadget) oriented site.

That is my goal as well. This purchase allows me to feed my passion for Pocket PC's and other related technologies. I have often thought if I had it my way I would do this way or that way. Well know I get my chance. I only hope I can live up to what you all have created at Pocket PC Minds and to the expectations of the Pocket PC community. The biggest change I see for Pocket PC Minds is adding on more people that can contribute news. With my day job, Family and now this site I know I can not do it all, I will have to have help.

It is my plan to do something similar to what Jason has done with Pocket PC Thoughts having 4 or 5 people writing and contributing to the news on the site. This way we can become a great resource for Pocket PC's and technology enthusiast like Pocket PC Thoughts. I like many of you make my daily visits to Pocket PC related web sites to find out what is going on and what new has been released.