View Full Version : Check Email every 5 minutes

imi1232000
05-31-2003, 11:40 PM
Is there a software for the pocket pc that checks for email's every few minutes, like the feature thats in outlook for (desktop) while your connected to the internet. I want to be notified that i have an email when one is sent to me rather than using send/recieve.

M@
05-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Surely that is a feature built into Outlook for Pocket PC? I mean it is in Outlook Express! And Outlook for P/PC has a lot more features than Express.

Gremmie
05-31-2003, 11:53 PM
Pocket Inbox->Tools->Click on Email Account->Next->Next->Next->Options->Adjust time and check box.

pocketpcdude1024
05-31-2003, 11:55 PM
Yes, it is built-in. Tap Tools>Options then select your email account. Assuming you have set it up and it is working correctly, go Next 3 times and click on "Options". (note - this is for my POP3 account - I do not know about IMAP or SMS). Check the box that says "Check for new messages every" and enter your time interval. Then Next twice, then Finish. I hope this helps. :)

EDIT: ya beat me to it, Gremmie! ;)

Jason Dunn
06-01-2003, 02:36 AM
It's important to note that in order for this function to keep working, the power of the device needs to be on. ie: you can't let it go into sleep mode, which means the best you can do is turn off the screen with Windows Media Player and keep the device live. Your battery life will suck, but you'll get that email every 5 minutes. :wink:

Steven Cedrone
06-01-2003, 03:33 AM
It's important to note that in order for this function to keep working, the power of the device needs to be on. ie: you can't let it go into sleep mode, which means the best you can do is turn off the screen with Windows Media Player and keep the device live. Your battery life will suck, but you'll get that email every 5 minutes. :wink:

The one thing I loved about the Jornada: the ability to turn off the screen with the push of a button...

Steve