View Full Version : Looking for recommendations for Bluetooth CF Card

Martin I Pettinger
05-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi

I am looking to purchase a Bluetooth CF Card for my iPAQ3850 with its CF+ Sleeve. I already have an Anycom Bluetooth USB Dongle.

Things I'd like to do are ActiveSync + Pass Thru via Laptop, Access BT Access Point (I plan to invest in a Bluetooth ASDL Modem) and DUN for when I get my Bluetooth phone sometime in the future.

Anyone got any good recommendations. I am looking to spend about £60 or $100 US. Thanks in anticipation.

Martin

gcherian
05-29-2003, 10:03 PM
socket bluetooth kit is the best. I think someone in this site or at the fatwallet forums (For Sale/Trade) had one for sale brand new never opened for like 90.00 - look for it, you will not be disappointed with the card

gcherian
05-29-2003, 10:05 PM
It is in the Buy & Sell section of this site forums... sold by gdaswani

Martin I Pettinger
05-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Hi

Thanks for the Socket Recommendation - this has the best form factor - however it retails in the UK for around £100. This is a bit out of my price range unless someone can point me to a US company that ships to the UK.

Martin

gdaswani
06-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Hi

Thanks for the Socket Recommendation - this has the best form factor - however it retails in the UK for around £100. This is a bit out of my price range unless someone can point me to a US company that ships to the UK.

Martin

I got one for sale brand new, 90$ USD - which is much cheaper :)

brand new, unopened... As for shipping, depends on how fast you want it to get there and it will be priced accordingly :)

BTW, I've shipped many times to the UK (you can contact "paris", I've dealt with him many times)..

If you want to check my evals, check my heatware under 'funks'

G

Martin I Pettinger
06-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Hi

Thanks for the Socket Offer. I actually bought a Bluetooth CF Card on eBay for circa 50$ - it is a Brando card I think - but it has a Widdcom Stack and I managed to get ActiveSync, File Transfer and Pass Thru wireless surfing up and running in an hour and a half on Monday night. Quoted ranged is Class 2 - 40 metres. Not convinced about that but only got it up and running two nights ago. So far so good though - hope to write a review in the next couple of weeks and post on bluetoothnews.com

Martin