View Full Version : I have a few problems that need resolution (1910).

binstpa
05-29-2003, 04:35 PM
I have a 1910 and just recieved the proporta case. I have been using the cradle for syncs but with the case will now need to use the cable. However, when I plug in the cable to the bottom of the unit it does not activate active sync.

Also, I installed agenda plus and didn't like it. When I try to uninstall it it says the .dll file is in use and I should stop the program and try again. I have soft reset the unit and closed all running applications but it won't be uninstalled. Anyone have any advice.

Also, I bought Pocket Informant yesterday and was wondering if there was more documentation on it then the 24 page .pdf file they include. There seems to be a lot more there.

Finally, I put Pocket MVP and Pocket TV on my unit but when I copy a wmv file or what I think are mpegs they don't play. I downloaded some BMW films but when I copy and paste them onto my SD card they won't play. (They aren't recognized in the open>file box. Is there a conversion I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ghostppc
05-29-2003, 05:15 PM
I have a 1910 and just recieved the proporta case. I have been using the cradle for syncs but with the case will now need to use the cable. However, when I plug in the cable to the bottom of the unit it does not activate active sync.

Also, I installed agenda plus and didn't like it. When I try to uninstall it it says the .dll file is in use and I should stop the program and try again. I have soft reset the unit and closed all running applications but it won't be uninstalled. Anyone have any advice.

Also, I bought Pocket Informant yesterday and was wondering if there was more documentation on it then the 24 page .pdf file they include. There seems to be a lot more there.

Finally, I put Pocket MVP and Pocket TV on my unit but when I copy a wmv file or what I think are mpegs they don't play. I downloaded some BMW films but when I copy and paste them onto my SD card they won't play. (They aren't recognized in the open>file box. Is there a conversion I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not sure about the cable. You might want to check the FAQ's on the homepage for Agenda Fusion if you're having problems. For today screen plugins, usually you'll have to do a soft reset before you can finish uninstalling them, or if you know the exact name of the *.dll, you can delete it manually then proceed with the uninstall.

For the media files, I think that only windows media player will play *.wmv files. If your mpegs aren't being recognized by Pocket MVP or Pocket TV, you might need to do a soft reset. Hope this helps, if it doesn't there are about a thousand people who can jump in with more technical answers -- the real brains :drinking: :iamwithstupid:

Jeff Rutledge
05-29-2003, 06:33 PM

Check out the Forums at www.pocketinformant.com. There's a whole forum dedicated to User Tips and it's a fairly active board overall. Also Alex (the developer) frequents the board and will jump in on the tougher questions fairly often.

HTH.

kidA
05-29-2003, 07:13 PM
with regards to uninstalling today plugins--usually you have to go into the options of that plugin (start->settings->today->items->plugin-name->'options' is on the right) and there will be a button to tap that either says 'uninstall' or 'remove from registry/startup/whatever.' (note: even if it says uninstall, it usually won't actually uninstall the plug-in, it will just remove registry keys/.dlls to make it possible to uninstall it). tap that button, then go to remove programs and it should uninstall with no problem.

binstpa
05-29-2003, 07:24 PM
with regards to uninstalling today plugins--usually you have to go into the options of that plugin (start->settings->today->items->plugin-name->'options' is on the right) and there will be a button to tap that either says 'uninstall' or 'remove from registry/startup/whatever.' (note: even if it says uninstall, it usually won't actually uninstall the plug-in, it will just remove registry keys/.dlls to make it possible to uninstall it). tap that button, then go to remove programs and it should uninstall with no problem.

Thank you! It worked perfectly.

kidA
05-29-2003, 07:37 PM
Thank you! It worked perfectly. glad i could be of service. :wink:

also, regarding one of you other problems--
as far as 'not activating activesync,' what exactly do you mean? is the device not connecting to the PC at all (IE you don't hear the tweedle-dee-deep noise and the sys tray icon on you PC doesn't turn green and it doesn't sync)? or do you mean that it's connecting (you do hear the tweedle-dee-deep and the sys tray icon turns gree and rotates, but the activesync window doesn't launch)? if it's the former, make sure the cable is plugged in all the way on both the ipaq and your usb port. also try soft resetting your device and restarting your PC. if it's the latter, your ipaq is syncing fine and AS is running, but you have it set not to open when you connect your device. you just need to click on the AS icon to get the window up, go to options->rules and then click on 'open activesync when my mobile device connects.'

The Yaz
05-29-2003, 08:11 PM
With regards to playing videos from BMWfilms, they are windows media format. I've used pockettv for a while and it is for mpeg1. To view, open Windows media player, select local content from the upper lefthand box which will show you all available media content media player recognizes, and highlight the file you want to view.

Once you select the file, go to tools, settings, audio & video

This screen will allow you to determine video orientation or resize.

Enjoy!

Steve 8)