View Full Version : Sony t68i and 5455 Bluetooth Browsing

jsanfordii
05-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Ok, This is driving me nuts. I bought the Sony t68i for use on the tMobile network. Phone works great. I bought it because I have the 5455. I've been able to partner the devices, and send infor (contact info) back and forth with no problem.

The issue: For the life of me, I can't figure out how (or even if it's supposed to work) use the browser on the 5455 to surf, check mail, etc. through the phone. Do I have to subscribe to a different plan or something?

Does anyone have this working? Just knowing that would make me feel better.

Thanks,

James

Tmaster
05-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Yes, I am using the combo now, but it was a pain to get it working. But now it works great. I am in a rush right now, but I did a google search, and it helped me. I'll post the complete solution later...

christheswiss
05-29-2003, 03:04 PM
I subscribe to ATT wireless and they talked me through how to set up the 5450 as a modem. :D Once that's done, the IPAQ dials out through the t68i (which also needs to be programed). I would call T-mobile to see what they can do. Of course the connection is slow, because it works like a conventional modem. Good luck.

christheswiss
05-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Sorry, I did not mean to set up the IPAQ 5450 as a modem, I ment the t68i :oops: . What do you want from me, I am new at this.

eustts
05-29-2003, 03:33 PM
I have a set up very close to yours....

The best thing to do is call t-mobile ask for the data group.

Tell the data group that you what you are specifcally trying to do...T68i to 5455. The data tech had the two devices directly in front of him and walked throught the process with me.

T-mobile was very helpfull. :lol:

Qman
05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok, This is driving me nuts. I bought the Sony t68i for use on the tMobile network. Phone works great. I bought it because I have the 5455. I've been able to partner the devices, and send infor (contact info) back and forth with no problem.

The issue: For the life of me, I can't figure out how (or even if it's supposed to work) use the browser on the 5455 to surf, check mail, etc. through the phone. Do I have to subscribe to a different plan or something?

Does anyone have this working? Just knowing that would make me feel better.

Thanks,

James

This HP PDF file on setting the t68i with an iPAQ should be of so help.
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com/archive/T68_3X70_Configuration_guide12.pdf

hollis_f
05-30-2003, 07:32 AM
This HP PDF file on setting the t68i with an iPAQ should be of so help.
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com/archive/T68_3X70_Configuration_guide12.pdfNot a lot of use - because the 5455 uses a different BT manager to the 3x70 iPAQs. The 54xx version is a lot more 'friendly' - which means that it's a real pain to do simple things like pair two devices.

jsanfordii
06-14-2003, 03:52 PM
I finally figured out that you have to subscribe to the data service from TMobile (I just did with the new 19 all you can eat rate plan), before this would work...

I haven't had a chance to get it setup, but the t-mobile guy assured me that they would help if I got stuck.

Now that I have the data service, all I had to do was go to the sony ericsson web site, and it downloaded a profile for the GPRS right to my t68i!!! Pretty cool.

james