View Full Version : Success story

minidba
05-29-2003, 12:49 PM
I just wanted to share a nice success story with (oddly enough) Activesync! I recently bought a new notebook computer (Presario 3045US), and went about setting it up to connect with my HP Jornada 568. I downloaded and installed Activesync 3.7, lined up the IR ports and hit 'sync via infrared' on the Jornada. The connection was made, a new partnership was formed, and the data was synchronized. Total time was about 5 minutes, including download time. I then disconnected, plugged in my wireless network card, and synchronized again via 802.11b. Flawless. I only hope my luck holds out! :D
Anyone else have it work exactly the way it's supposed to, or am I a fluke? :wink:

Jason Dunn
05-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Quite often, ActiveSync works exactly the way it should - but we hear about the bad stories more often than the good ones, because people who are happy aren't as motivated as someone who wants to rant. Like me! :wink:

ghostppc
05-29-2003, 05:03 PM
I just wanted to share a nice success story with (oddly enough) Activesync! I recently bought a new notebook computer (Presario 3045US), and went about setting it up to connect with my HP Jornada 568. I downloaded and installed Activesync 3.7, lined up the IR ports and hit 'sync via infrared' on the Jornada. The connection was made, a new partnership was formed, and the data was synchronized. Total time was about 5 minutes, including download time. I then disconnected, plugged in my wireless network card, and synchronized again via 802.11b. Flawless. I only hope my luck holds out! :D
Anyone else have it work exactly the way it's supposed to, or am I a fluke? :wink:

It's an okay piece of software. I think it's worked pretty normail for me most of the time. We wouldn't be able to do much with our ppc without it other than making manual updates not like synching (or trying to synch most of the time). But the little nitpicking problems come after you've had stuff like a battery die on you and set up a new partnership witout losing your calender, contacts, email, etc. The more crap you load onto it the more the software seems to be confused :shocked!:

Janak Parekh
05-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Quite often, ActiveSync works exactly the way it should - but we hear about the bad stories more often than the good ones, because people who are happy aren't as motivated as someone who wants to rant. Like me! :wink:
Jason's just special. :D

Seriously, I've learned how to beat ActiveSync with a heavy stick, so that it performs, on average, very well for me.

--janak

Thinkingmandavid
05-31-2003, 01:54 AM
mmm, me thinks heavy stick theory works!
Jason made a good point....we hear more about the ranting and raving. I think it is because people come to the forum and post problems. Those who have solutions and experience answer back. I think the good is mixed in with the opinions and the solutions. how about that jason? I bet there is a lot of good mixed in, but it is the bad that causes a lot of posting.