View Full Version : file DOWNLOADER for PocketPC?

Max Kirichenko
05-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Hi guys,

VITO Tech. will unveil its new product soon, a file downloader for PocketPC. I thought you might be interested to hear that news.

And I'd like to know if that product would have a certain demand in the PocketPC software market. Any thoughts? :wink:

delfuhd
05-31-2003, 04:18 AM
Hmm I don't think a seperate file downloader for pocket IE is necessary, I don't download too many files on my pocket pc, and if I do I guess just downloading them is good enough..

Kirk Stephens
06-04-2003, 05:09 PM
As Pocket PCs become more powerful and more connected I see something like this coming in handy. However until then, i don't see this as being a "must have" utility. I personally don't download much to my Pocket PC when I am away from home.

Even so, this app could be useful for power users who need to retrieve documents, spreadsheets, or presentations while away from home or in the field.

(Yay...this is my 100th post)

msprague
06-04-2003, 06:48 PM
I could see this being useful when using a slow connection such as via a mobile phone and you want to download several files of considerable size. It would need to auto resume interrupted transfers. The problem is that most people with that type of connection pay by the MB and therefore don't use it for downoading. Am I off the mark here? I agree that PIE works fine when at home with Wifi/Broadband downloads.

(BTW Max, the latest version of Navigator works great with the Socket Bluetooth CF card for GPS comm.)