View Full Version : Microsoft ebook reader on IPAQ 5450

christheswiss
05-29-2003, 02:38 AM
Can anybody tell me how I can get past the initial activation screen on Microsoft's website for E-book reader activation. After I sign in with my passport, the screen will not advance to the next step, which should download (2) files to my IPAQ, what gives.... :roll:

ironguy
05-29-2003, 04:20 PM
The MS site looks for activation cookies. Try deleting all your cookies and re-activate. This usually works.

christheswiss
05-29-2003, 05:25 PM
Ironguy, you're a genious :lol: It certainly worked, I deleted all cookies and shure enough! How do you people know all this stuff.... anyway, now I got to figure out how I can read a *.PDB file located on my SD card.
Thanks for all your help !

Crystal Eitle
05-29-2003, 06:55 PM
.pdb files are meant to be read with iSilo.

Microsoft Reader will only read .lit files.

christheswiss
05-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the tip :lol:
Bought the full version of iSiolo and it works great. Like I said, how do you people know all this. Thanks !!!

Brad Adrian
05-30-2003, 03:17 AM
...How do you people know all this stuff...?
I have ALWAYS felt that the community of readers who visit this site is the brightest, quickest, most helpful support group available. I'm entirely serious when I say that anybody with Pocket PC questions should ask this forum first, before contacting any device or software manufacturers.

Crystal Eitle
05-30-2003, 03:26 AM
Like I said, how do you people know all this.

We have our ways.... 0X :robot: :twisted:

Crystal Eitle
05-30-2003, 03:56 AM
If you read a lot of websites on a regular basis, you can convert them using iSilo X and then load them into your Pocket PC and read them with iSilo. There are a number of blogs I visit everyday, and now I'm reading them offline with iSilo. I love it. It works great.

TawnerX
05-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Ironguy, you're a genious :lol: It certainly worked, I deleted all cookies and shure enough! How do you people know all this stuff.... anyway, now I got to figure out how I can read a *.PDB file located on my SD card.
Thanks for all your help !

pdb is Palm database. a palm file format, but it really doesn't say what app it can be opened with.

but most of the time, it is open document such as .doc, .txt you can use uBook. If it is proprietary, you just have to figure out what reader to open.

ironguy
05-30-2003, 04:45 PM
As you can see from my name thingie, I'm a "PocketPC Intellectual".

Basically we learn this stuff by several ways.

1) Hit the major forums daily (like this one)
2) Hit the newsgroups (like microsoft.public.pocketpc)
3) Google, Google, Google
3) Try dangerous and exciting things with your PocketPC

Remember, a little knowledge is dangerous, a lot of knowledge and...

YOU CAN RULE THE WORLD!
(or at least a small part of it)

"I'm not stupid, I just have an extraordinary grasp of useless knowledge!" - Calvin and Hobbes