View Full Version : Connecting iPaq to PC using Microsoft Bluetooth

BigMrC
05-26-2003, 07:02 PM
I have an iPaq 3970, PC running windows XP, active sync 3.7, Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard + Mouse.
I can get the iPaq and PC to pair no problem but how do I browse the internet on the iPaq and sync the iPaq using bluetooth?
I've read lots of posts about setting up various com ports etc but there does not seem to be an option for com ports with the Microsoft Bluetooth Transceiver.
Can anybody shed some light here?
thanks

dhettel
05-26-2003, 08:51 PM
The Microsoft unit does not support the PPC at this time. So until microsoft does, or you find other drivers you can't.

Sorry
David

BigMrC
05-26-2003, 09:54 PM
thanks for reply - they make both products and they haven't enabled them to talk to each other over bluetooth?? - crazy.
What are the other drivers you mention - is it possible to get it to work with third party software?

shill79
05-26-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm assuming that since your using the MS Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo on the desktop (presumably) that you have some sort of USB Bluetooth dongle or Bluetooth PC Card? If so, ActiveSync'ing between the Ipaq and the desktop shouldn't be a problem...

On my Ipaq 5450 ActiveSync'ing via BT is just a matter of entering the Bluetooth Manager on the Ipaq --> Going to "Connect" --> Select ActiveSync via Bluetooth --> then the Manager walks you through the process... Piece of cake...

Stephen

freitasm
05-27-2003, 03:38 AM
I'm assuming that since your using the MS Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo on the desktop (presumably) that you have some sort of USB Bluetooth dongle or Bluetooth PC Card? If so, ActiveSync'ing between the Ipaq and the desktop shouldn't be a problem...

Stephen

The MS Bluetooth implementation comes with its own device to connect to the desktop/laptop, with the HID profile. The driver does not support other profiles, thus being a little tricky to use it for other things than just mouse and keyboard. Apparently this will change, since TDK will launch updated drivers to their BT adapter, including the HID profile - in this case get the mouse/kbd from MS and the adapter from TDK...

The launch is set to sometime in June, during the World Bluetooth Congress.

sprawlgeek
05-29-2003, 07:30 PM
>Apparently this will change, since TDK will launch updated drivers to >their BT adapter, including the HID profile - in this case get the >mouse/kbd from MS and the adapter from TDK...

>The launch is set to sometime in June, during the World Bluetooth Congress.[/quote]

do we know when TDK will release these drivers????

Thanks

freitasm
05-29-2003, 09:23 PM
I've downloaded the latest beta drivers, dated from yesterday, and I'll try during the weekend in my notebook (will not install in my desktop, because my BT works well there and I don't want a bet making things go bad!).

The release should be during the Bluetooth World Congress, during June.