View Full Version : Help Please with connecting my pocket pc to the net via bluetooth and cable :)

webcash
05-25-2003, 04:11 PM
OK people i am the new proud owner of a 3970.Not being an expert in these matters i purchased a belkin blooth adapter for my pc.Now here is the thing.I can get both devices to see each other no problem whatsoever.However even though they are connected once i try to use internet explorer via my ipaq connected over BT to my pc it tells me the settings are wrong.I am on cable so when i go into settings and asks me for the dial up number etc that is of no use to me whatsoever.Someone PLEASE help

Thanks

Peter

jimski
05-26-2003, 06:23 AM
I lost this battle a long time ago. It has something to do with needing a PPP connection on your PC to connect the PPC to the Internet. I think it's possible but I don't know exactly how (without messing up your current cable connection anyway).

You may want to consider a Bluetooth Access Point. They are finally starting to come down to a more reasonable price.

William Yeung
05-26-2003, 06:49 AM
I am able to do the connection, but somehow its quite tricky.... as cumbersome as setting up an NAT + Router yourself... so I would say, go for a BT AP. If you just want to do activesync, just use the serial one- its very slow but at least u can do a wireless sync :wink: